Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Porn Star Friday, revived.
So, I thought I'd bring back Porn Star Friday. It was always my favorite day and I shouldn't let my unemployment and depression get in the way of promoting lovely porn stars. This is Tera Wray. She's a hottie. She's what I like, brunette, busty, tattooed. She sort of reminds me of Malory from Family Ties, if anyone of you goes back that far.

My meeting with my potential partner the other night didn't go as well as I hoped. He's into it, but he's a procrastinator and he's a bit scared I think to try something on his own. I think I've got him in, but I need to convince him some more. And, we need to work on the financing which his contacts will be a big part of. I'm going to meet with him again with another guy who can help me get him to take some action. I know I'm going to need to find something in the short run to pay the bills, but the sooner we get going on this, the sooner we can get out of our dead end jobs and start doing something we enjoy.

Other than that, life has been droll. The S.O., though still supportive, is getting stressed about money, as am I. I waiting to find out how much unemployment I'll get. At this point, anything will help. I am actively looking for a job, but nothing as of yet. I have a few lower paying options that I can probably take a hold of, but if they aren't as much as unemployment, why bother? I know, I shouldn't live off the system, but I've paid into the damn system my whole life so shouldn't it cover me for a while? Isn't that what it's for?

The sex thing with the S.O. is still lingering in the background. We still haven't in like 4 months. She doesn't say much about it right now, I guess she figures I'm depressed enough. Truth is, I've thought about it more lately, especially since work isn't dominating my mind anymore. I think it will happen again soon, I'm feeling more like it, more like I want to, but we are at the point where I'm afraid she'll think I'm only doing it to shut her up or something like that. It's a giant mess. It stresses me out thinking about it and it's not something that one should be stressed about.

I read a great book recently, "Garlic and Sapphires" by Ruth Reichl. She is the former food critic for the New York Times and now is the editor of Gourmet magazine. The book is about her time as critic at the Times. It's a very interesting book. She is a great writer. I read an earlier book of hers, "Comfort Me with Apples," which was about her younger years. Also very good. She throws random recipes in the books, too, which are a nice bonus. I've thought about doing a restaurant critic blog. I love restaurants, I love criticizing, so I'm a natural! No, honestly, I'd like to take it down a notch from those freaking food snobs that most critics are. That's what I like about Reichl, she isn't a snob. She knows her shit, but doesn't have to be a priss about it. (I also find her amazingly sexy for a lady a bit older than myself) I'd like to review restaurants where people actually go. Not just the elite places, but the smaller places, too. Places you can take your kids. Places where you can go if you aren't a huge food expert and still get a great meal. I'd also like to review the fancy places, but review them from the average joe's point of view. I mean, I know somethings about food, I've cooked in restaurants before, read food magazines and books, eat a lot. I have some experience in the field. But I'd like to give people a view closer to the populations that doesn't dine at fine restaurants that often.
I'll let you know if I get it going. I need to find a job first before I can start eating out enough to review places. Unless someone wants to fund me. Anyone? Anyone?

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by dusio @ 8/10/2007 10:30:00 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger alex said…

    When I first got laid off, the job offers were not coming in and unemployment was more than what the job was offering - for me I decided I would rather have the additional money than try to scrape to make bills. Do what you have to do. Take the time to clear your head, and enjoy your free time a bit.

    I know this sounds incredibly gay, but read about the law of attraction. I firmly believe in what we put out there finds us. *big hugs from the valley*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!