
I am right now half falling asleep. Probably has something to do with the fact that I just ate lunch, but tired doesn’t begin to describe it.
I ran into someone I went to high school at lunch. I went to the little bar/rest. Place up the street. You know, where the bartender lady has the big rack and shows way too much cleavage for a woman who looks well into her fifties. I appreciate the view, don’t get me wrong, but I always wonder if they drag the floor when she takes off her bra. Anyways, I haven’t seen this girl since high school. We were in theatre together. Yes, I was in theatre. I liked it! Say what you want, I didn’t start getting chicks in high school until I got into theatre. Guys often say it’s girly or gay. Idiots. Ask a guy who they think is a real man. They’ll say Rambo or Arnold. Who are those people? Actors. Who get’s better ass than an actor? Very few people. Look at that dude who plays Fez on ‘That 70’s Show.’ He’s nailed every hot starlet in Hollywood. You think he’d get quality ass if he weren’t an actor. Doubtful. Moving on. So we talked for a while, blah, blah, blah. She’s married, couple of kids, all the usual b.s. She tells me she sings in a country band on weekends that places on the outskirts of town. She did have a good voice, as I remembered. She tells me they are looking for a male singer and I should come down and give it a try. I did sing in theatre, and I sing, like most people, in the car. But the last time I sang in public was, well, fuck. I think it was probably when I was at the farm in West Virginia. With Rain. It was one of those sitting by the firelight-someone-playing-a-guitar cliché moments. He was playing ‘Carolina on my Mind’ by James Taylor. Rain egged me on, and being most likely drunk and having a contact buzz, I sang along. I have a decent voice, if I do say so myself. Ah, Rain…. So she, high school alum, tells me to call her, she’ll arrange for me to join a rehearsal. I don’t think I’m going to do it. I can’t see hanging out in country bars on late nights with some band. Yes, I said country. That’s not the issue, I like country music. It tends to suit my voice anyways. Say what you want about country there are two things for sure. People play their own instruments and write their own music, and the female country stars are hot. Faith Hill, Sara Evans, Martina McBride, Gretchen Wilson, the list goes on and on. You knew I had to have at least one shallow reason for liking it, didn’t you? I don’t think the S.O. would like it much either. Me out late, in a bar, with alcohol and floozies. I doubt there is much money in it either.
|
I think you should do it. You are going to be moving on -- why not give it a try and you'll meet new and interesting people. Oh yea...country music rocks. All music is great!