|
| Friday, September 22, 2006 |
| Fry-my-ass-day. |
 Yeah, I’m here. I’m going to just plod on and see what happens. I guess I still have things to say. We’ll see.
The S.O. and I went out last night. I told you she wasn’t that mad at me, go figure. We went to a nice restaurant, The Burgundy Room. It was pretty good. We kind of fell into it. We were driving up and down the Short North area of Columbus, looking for a place to eat. After spending an eternity looking for parking, we went to Betty’s. Too crowded. We past a few other places and ended up at the Burgundy Room. It’s a fairly upscale type place. But the weird thing is you seat yourself. Their menu consists of only small plates. They had a nice variety of choices. They have a massive wine list. We got a bottle of Pinot Noir and it was nice. I don’t remember the vineyard, but it was Australian. It was good wine. We finished the bottle. The food was good, but not amazing. Nothing blew me away. We had three small plates, Duck Confit with ravioli, Medallions of Strip Steak, and a Cajun shrimp with grits. The beef was the best. The Duck Confit was not as good as I hoped. Duck Confit is one of my all time favorite fancy dishes. This was so-so. The shrimp was good, but it had a strong flavor of a spice we really couldn’t identify. I think it was nutmeg, she thought it was cardamom. Either way, after a few bites, it was too much. She doesn’t drink much so she was pretty loopy by the end of the night.
Don’t think that by us going to dinner we are fine. It’s not. Nothing really has changed. She is going through a tough time right now and I don’t know how to handle it. She says she needs me to help her through it but everything I try doesn’t work. I do listen and care and want to help, but I don’t think there is anything I can do. At least it seems it’s not enough. Having lived with depression my whole life, I know what it’s like. I also know that when people try to help you sometimes just get pissed at them. It’s frustrating all around. Her depression is making me feel worthless, does that make sense? I know it’s not about me, but we all have feelings.
The dingbat chick here at work has here damn Buckeye “gear” on. A jersey, sweatpants, her purse, her cell phone. Plus, the annoying buckeye necklace. For everyone outside of Ohio in a sane part of the world, buckeyes are the nut of a buckeye tree. It’s really a piece of crap ugly tree that grows randomly all over the state. The nut is small and brown.
Mentally challenged fans here make them into necklaces.  I have to listen to hers; she has bells attached to it, jingle all fucking day. It’s so annoying. I don’t understand the whole cult-like attitude that people in this town take towards a football team. They always say “we” when they talk about the team. Do they play for them? Are you going or did you ever go to OSU? Usually it’s no on all counts. They are just so needy for something to identify with they claim it as there own. I have no issue rooting for a team. But be controlled about it. Pathetic.
I’d so like to be on an island somewhere in the Caribbean right now. Rum drink, warm wind, blue ocean. Naked cabana girl offering full body massages with happy endings. Life is so much better in your dreams. |
posted by dusio @ 9/22/2006 01:57:00 PM   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Ugh! Buckeye fans are BRUTALLY annoying! As are coworkers. I took a picture of the two dweebs playing Dungeons & Dragons in the breakroom...and then I photoshopped it. It's on the board. LOL
Sounds like you had a good dinner. I'm going out to the Brownstone on Main tonight with friends to get drunk, listen to jazz and have men grope my ass! Can't wait!!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |
Ugh! Buckeye fans are BRUTALLY annoying! As are coworkers. I took a picture of the two dweebs playing Dungeons & Dragons in the breakroom...and then I photoshopped it. It's on the board. LOL
Sounds like you had a good dinner. I'm going out to the Brownstone on Main tonight with friends to get drunk, listen to jazz and have men grope my ass! Can't wait!!