Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Too-too-Tuesday.



It’s Hottie Goth Day. Everyone break out there dark eyeliner, white pancake makeup and look morbid!!! And grope the nearest hot goth chick. Even you ladies, ‘cause that’s hot.

I made it through 39 hours on my fast. Pretty damn good, I’d say. It wasn’t a complete fast, I did have some orange juice and tea, but that was it. It was hard last night around dinner time. I had to make dinner for the kids and it was damn tough not to stuff my face. I actually started getting fatigued and a little light headed later in the evening. But, I made it, went to bed and didn’t eat until lunch time. I actually woke up feeling pretty good, I wasn’t hungry really at all. Even before I had lunch I wasn’t starving like I was last night. I really only went to lunch because I was out on an appointment with tight pants girl. Her pants are the loosest I’ve seen them. And no camel toe, like yesterday.

I only had one person request or ask anything of me in the other day’s comment section. She wanted to hear my political views. I’ve spouted of about many times on here about different things so I thought I’d just make a list of my views.

Affiliation – Liberal Democrat. I’m not a big fan of political parties in general, but of the two major parties, I am definitely a democrat. I’m probably more of a socialist or green party person, but until some other system comes up, I guess I’m a democrat.
Abortion- Pro-Choice. It’s not my body.
Civil Rights - all forms of discrimination need to be dealt with. Racial, religious, sexual, etc. Let’s move past this crap.
Military – I’m all for a strong military, but not at the expense of social programs. I support our troops 100%, our leadership, not so much.
Gay Marriage – Pro. Call it something else, whatever. If two people want to commit themselves to each other, why the hell not? Straight people have a 50% divorce rate, let’s see if gay people can do better. I’m not for forcing religions to accept marriages or have to perform them. If a religion is against it, that’s their issue, just don’t expect government money if you are going to be discriminatory.
Iraq – They lied to get us there. They lied that they had a plan. They lie about how it’s going. We shouldn’t be there. We should be finishing up Afghanistan and finding Bin Laden. I honestly think we need to get out as soon as possible.
Immigration – Needs to be completely redone. My policy would be let anyone in who wants to work, work. Give them a visa. Those who are illegal now would need to register. Tax them like everyone else.
Campaign reform – we need to get the money out of the voting process. No more campaign contributions, period. Government should finance campaigns. Hold debates; make airing debates and commercials mandatory for stations if they want their FCC license. Until the big money is gone, we are always going to have problems.
Healthcare – Universal healthcare for all Americans. It can be done. Canada did it, Sweden, Japan, hell, even Vermont has a program. Until we do, costs are going to keep rising and people are going to not have healthcare. What killed the American steel industry? The fact that no other country’s steel industry had to pay for healthcare but U.S. steel did. Look it up.
The Middle East. We need to back up a little. Pull some of our fingers out of the pot. Stop supporting Israel so strongly. They aren’t blameless. There are moderate Arab states that we can work with. Jordan, for one. Their King is as good a leader as anyone you can find. Read about him. We need to cut our dependence on oil so that we are held by the balls by those nations. Even Iran has moderates in its population, they just don’t like being told what to do. If you stop giving people a reason to hate you, perhaps, just perhaps, things will ease up.
The Environment. I am very ecologically minded. I think cars should have mandated minimum miles per gallon. It can be done. You know what the average fuel economy was in 1972? 22 mpg. Know what it is today? 22 mpg. Are you trying to tell me technology has advanced at all? Alternative fuels need explored. . Hydrogen. BWM plans to have all its new models hydrogen based by 2020. The same thing needs done for power. Solar, wind, wave, there are many new options. People should get grants and discounts for building efficient homes. This country is reward minded, give people a reason to change. We need to cut back on timber and mining, also. At least find ways to do it more responsibly. Recycling should be mandatory.
Education – we need to completely redo how education is funded. It should be financed by taxes paid by corporations. If companies want skilled, talented employees, they should pay for them. Right now companies get exemption from taxes anytime a local government wants them to move to its area. Our schools are a joke compared to the rest of the civilized world.
Foreign policy. I’d sum it up this way. MYOB. Mind your own business! We dawdle in too many countries affairs because of business issues. Then when a country needs our help, we aren’t there. Say, all of Africa for example. People are dying in civil wars left and right. Are we doing anything. No. Why? There is no financial benefit to it. Now Iraq, we jumped in with both feet. Why? OIL! Two former oil executives run our country. It’s bullshit. Help when needed, leave people alone to figure out their own shit otherwise.

That’s enough for now. Those are my humble opinions.

Oh, and one more thing, FREE TIBET!!!
posted by dusio @ 9/19/2006 02:50:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    I agree with most everything you've stated in this post. Well said.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!