|
| Thursday, December 27, 2007 |
| Stopping by before New Year's. |
 Good evening, folks. It's been a while.
I can't say why exactly I haven't stopped by and posted. I've had the time, I've been online. I just haven't wanted to express myself on here. Not entirely sure why. I have thought about it. Usually in the car, while driving, my mind wandering. I even knew what I wanted to say. I also knew I wasn't ready to put it on here. Not like I was working on making it perfect or anything, I just didn't feel like sharing.
A lovely friend mentioned to me she'd like to see me stop by here and post something, and that got me thinking about it. So, here I am.
The short story of what's happened since November 29th.
Nothing.
Well, not nothing. Just nothing terribly interesting. I took the civil service exam. That was fun. I was one of only 14 people who got above a 90. That apparently gets you first interviews for jobs. Still haven't heard anything since that.
Let's see. That's really about it. I have been looking for a job, just not finding one. I was going to work for UPS for the season, but the S.O. figured it would be better for me to just hang out and take care of the kids while she worked. So, that's what I did. She did work her ass off. She waits tables during the busy seasons and she made more last week than I ever have in a single week. And it was cash. It's a fancy restaurant so tips are generally pretty good. This time of year they rock. So, good for her.
Christmas was fine. Kids were happy. That's all that matters. We had a nice dinner with the S.O.'s family. She made a standing rib roast, a ham, and many, many side dishes. My favorite part of the dinner is always the appetizers she makes. She had a baked brie, stuffed mushrooms, a cheese plate and some artichoke and cheese crusty bread things. I was full before dinner started. I complimented dinner with a nice bottle of white wine. Desert was cheesecake and a chocolate Texas sheet cake. Yummy. I'm a fat guy, food is important to me.
Sadly, that's the gist of the last month for me.
One thing has been on my mind lately. It's a pretty broad topic, but I've seen examples of it on world levels, national levels and the local level. It's the horrible way people treat each other anymore. Well, not exactly. It's more the loss of courtesy, the lack of respect, the dismal outlook, the overall negativity that humanity, particularly Americans display.
Some examples. I read Craigslist quite a bit. Like to look at the crazy shit for sale, the jobs, etc. I read what they call, Rants & Raves. It used to be a forum where people would complain about local things, politics, restaurants, or rave about them. Now, it's turned into a racist, bigoted, bash fest. Every other post is degrading to African Americans, Jews, Latinos, gays, poor people, the list goes on and on. If someone says anything about it, they are slammed. I realize it's a place where people can anonymously say things they would never say. But that is what is scary. These people are saying what is truly in their hearts. It's disgusting. I used to think that racism and bigotry were fading out, but I don't think I believe that anymore. Christmas shoppers. What is it about the season of peace and love that turns people into rude, obnoxious and evil animals? I've never been shoved, pushed, cut off or glared at more than I have recently while shopping. What happened to excuse me? What happened to humanity? These are more local examples. Nationally and on a global scale, it's way too easy to point out man's hostility towards man. Today with Bhutto's assassination in Pakistan, Darfur, Palestine, Iraq. The shootings at the malls. I just don't get it. Maybe I'm a simple minded hippy. I have anger, I have rage, I have things that piss me off, but I'm not going to hurt anyone over it. Is it just me?
I used to be a celebrity gossip junkie. Not anymore. I'm embarrassed that I used to read that crap. The whole jamie lynne spears thing turned me off for good. I realize that the people who read this crap are the problem. I don't know what the deal is with that girl, but there is nothing good about a 16 year old getting knocked up and having her mom sell the story to a magazine. I don't blame the girl. I mean, sure, she's responsible, but shit happens. I know and knew plenty of 16 y.o.'s having sex and anytime one of them could get pregnant. It happens. What doesn't happen is the mother who is supposed to be pissed, yet supportive, selling the story to a magazine. Someone needs to charge that lady with child abuse. She let her first daughter get thoroughly fucked up, now she's starting on the second. Pathetic. You think we all might have learned after Princess Diana was chased into a tunnel post that this quest for personal information is sick. But we didn't. We need to know who's fucking who, and who's drunk, who's gay, who's losing their mind. We are all losing our mind if we find this interesting. I love movies, music, TV, theatre, sports, all the entertainment. I enjoy the people who entertain us. But their private lives no longer are of interest to me. I have to change my list to the right to remove some of the gossip sites. I don't need to contribute to the problem. Do I sound preachy? I'm sorry if I do. It's just how I feel these days.
It's the same with politics. People think the only way for one candidate to get over another is to attack them. We should all be thrilled with the coming presidential elections. We have a black man, a woman, far left liberals, far right conservatives, guys from Law & Order and a bunch of other people I don't know, running for the highest office in the country. It's a proud day for equality. But what do we focus on? Hillary has to attack Obama, Mitt Romney is a Mormon and Huckabee is jumping on him for it, etc. etc. Oh yeah, and Kucinich is in his own world and I love the guy for it!!! But seriously. Can't we just hear their positions, listen to what they want to do and make our choices from there? I personally don't care that Hillary is a woman, and a Clinton, I don't care that Obama is black, or what any one's religion is.(What I will say about their religion is that they should leave it out of the job. What is dragging this country back into the 1800's right now is the breaking down of church/state separation). I'm voting for the person who I think can help this country. I'd love to elect a woman, an african american, a religion other than mainstream, but it will come down to who I think is best. And if it happens to be a white christian guy, so be it. But you can be damn sure he'll be liberal!!!
I apologize for all the seriousness. I'll bring back the pornstars and the tattoos. Even I need some levity in my life.
Until my words enter your eyes again, Dusio. Peace.
Oh, the woman at the top is Jeanne Carmen. She was one of the first big pinup models and a good friend of Marilyn Monroe's. She died recently and I thought I'd pay tribute to a lovely lady. She was also a pool trick shot artist. Interesting lady. Click the pic above for a story about her.Labels: bigotry, bitching, celebrities, craigslist, politics, racism, society, Work |
posted by dusio @ 12/27/2007 07:35:00 PM   |
|
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |