Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Zen Day

“The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there”
Robert M. Pirsig

This world could use some Zen these days.

The more that comes out about the guy who killed all those people at VT, the scarier it becomes. Have you seen the video? MSNBC has it. He was obviously quite sick. The scary thing is that quite a few people noticed how bizarre he was acting and nothing really was done about it. It just makes you think that it could happen again, and again, and again. There are quite a few people out there with diagnosed and undiagnosed mental illnesses. And there are quite a few people out there teetering on the edge. Whether it's a paranoia of there own creation or bullying or whatever, these people can do the same thing this guy did. As someone who has a mental illness, it's frightening in a number of ways. Although what I go through is nothing like what he experienced, people brush mental illness with a broad brush. What this should do is foster support for better mental health care, especially at the age he was. Fact is, that is the time most mental illnesses make themselves known. And, if caught and treated, it can save a person from a life of horror. Many end up homeless, or incarcerated, or worse, like him.

That's my thought on it for today.

In other news.........
Life more me continues on. Work is still busy, home is quiet enough. I think I've been to preoccupied with work to even think about the reality of my home situation. I told you we had planned for me to try to move out by the beginning of June. Well, it's mid-April. In mid May, I'm going to be going to Myrtle Beach for a week for work. So realistically I have about five or six weeks to plan and fund a move out plan. I don't see it happening. The good thing is, she doesn't see it happening either. At least she is being realistic and rational about it. I don't want to try and fool myself into thinking that the reason she is being so rational about me delaying moving out is because she really wants me to stay. I've gotten no indication of that other than her overall friendly demeanor towards me and her saying that she doesn't think it's possible as things are. We'll see.

My other dilemma is work related. I told you that I was named manager of three departments. With that I was told that my compensation would be reviewed and adjusted accordingly. My question is, when I do discuss it with management, what do I ask for? How much, percentage-wise, should one seek? I was told by the accounting manager that I definitely should seek a substantial increase. That is to say to increase my pay by 50-75%. I don't want to shoot too high and come across like I'm only in it for the money. I mean, I work hard to do a good job. But I do expect to be paid accordingly. I don't know. I'm going to have to see how it's approached from their side, then play it accordingly.

Back to the S.O. What sucks the most about this arrangement we now have is that we no longer have sex and I don't see myself going out and looking for it either. First of all, I can't date, not while I live here. Second, my life is work and kids, so dating, bar hopping, trolling for the sexies, well, it ain't gonna happen.
Woe is me.

Peace.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by dusio @ 4/18/2007 06:19:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger SoulSlave said…

    Dusio, that's a tough situation. Glad S.O. is being reasonable. That goes a long way. I've seen some ugly stuff for sure.
    Where it comes to you being a manager, I would seriously recommend that you thoroughly do your homework and research what is reasonable to expect within your company/field/department. This makes it vary SO much. And the more you know, the more leverage you will have.
    Also evaluate your new responsibilities in detail, and see what would be fair in accordance with that. I wish you all the good luck!!

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It won't be hard for you to get a date, trust me.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Jhianna said…

    Hey dude! I go away for a little while and look what happens!?

    I can't help with the salary thing. I tried exactly one time to negotiate for a pay raise/bump and got slammed down hard. But Soulslave sounds like she's got a good attack plan going.

    *hugs* man, have a good weekend

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!