Delicious.
How was everyone's weekend? I know it's Tuesday, but I had yesterday off so my week is just beginning.
Easter was uneventful. Family and food. That was about it. Yesterday I spent the day in the car, driving the kids to my grandmothers where they are staying until Thursday. It's 3 hours up and 3 back, so it was a lot of ass in the car time. I have to do the same thing on Thursday. But, it's worth it to have some time sans enfants.
So this Imus thing. What a circus. My take. The guy is an idiot. I've never liked Imus or thought he was funny. Maybe it's because I like Howard Stern and he hates Imus, I don't know. What the guy said was ridiculous. Even if it was said in humor, it was horrible. It's one thing to mock celebrities and politicians, but these are hard working college girls who did nothing to deserve his wrath except compete in a championship game. I agree with the suspension. I think his producer, bernie what-ever, should be canned. But I don't think Imus should be fired. I don't buy his apologies, don't get me wrong. For me it's a first ammendment thing. He can say whatever he wants. People can stop listening, advertisers can stop buying time, guests can boycott, that's all fine. But can you fire a guy for doing something he has been doing for 30 years and gotten away with? Seems a bit hypocritical to me. It seems hypocritical to me for Al Sharpton to condemn him when he doesn't speak out against comedians and rappers for using the same verbage. Should we never laugh at Chris Rock or Dave Chapelle? They say things just as harsh. And they spread it around to black, white, asian, jewish, all of it. You can't have it both ways. Sure, CBS has the right to do as it pleases. But it should do it for the right reasons, that he said something that embarassed and offended the company. Don't do it because you are getting pressured. You want idiots like Imus to go away? Ignore them. All this press isn't going to do it. He has no power if no one listens. That's my take.
Peace.Labels: chris rock, dave chapelle., don imus, Hottie Alterna-Chick Day, racism, suicide girls |