|
| Tuesday, March 27, 2007 |
| Hottie Alterna-Chick Day |
It's Tuesday. So, it's Hottie Alterna-Chick Day.
Things have chilled at home a bit. The S.O. doesn't seem very pissed at me. Even she admits this is strange. To tell the truth, it's probably a bad sign. I tend to think she just doesn't care enough to get pissed. She, at first, wanted to make it about me looking for someone better than her. That is so far from the truth. I personally don't think there is better than her, for me. She's been great to me. Sure, we have our issues, but we fit.
I've been pondering what what I was thinking when I decided to go out with that chick. I've come to realize that it wasn't about sex, or wanting something different or new, it was about me doing something interesting. I listen to people all day at work talk about going out at night and meeting people and having a great time. So much of my life is work and family, I think I got jealous. I know I should be beyond wanting to go out and drink, but sometimes, it would be fun. Every weekend for me is staying home with the kids. Every weekday is work, then home with the kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but I need some excitement in my life. I think the S.O. and I need some excitement in our relationship. I'm not talking about sex necessarily, but something. Going out, maybe going on vacation, something. What do people do? How do they keep things interesting? We go out and eat together, that is something we enjoy. We love to try new restaurants and go to new markets and things like that. But we don't have any real mutual interests. I like motorcycles and bars and edgy stuff. She is more into cooking and her friends and that type of stuff. We don't have a lot in common in that aspect. If I did have a motorcycle, she said she'd never get on it with me. See, I'd love for us to hop on a bike and go for a roadtrip. Even just for a day. I'd love to go to new bars and nightclubs. I'm not talking about getting drunk, but just checking things out. I guess I need to talk to her more about this. Maybe this is where our relationship breaks down. Fuck if I know.
I still feel like shit. I still feel like I let her and myself down. Even if she isn't tearing down the walls in anger.Labels: Hottie Alterna-Chick Day, life, Relationships, The S.O. |
posted by dusio @ 3/27/2007 11:14:00 AM   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Anyway you two could switch off? One time she goes with you to check out a new bar or nightclub (extra points if you include her friends for a fun night out for everyone) and the next time the two of you pick out a new recipe she wants to try and give it a go.
Hope things smooth out soon.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |
Anyway you two could switch off? One time she goes with you to check out a new bar or nightclub (extra points if you include her friends for a fun night out for everyone) and the next time the two of you pick out a new recipe she wants to try and give it a go.
Hope things smooth out soon.