Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
A little cheeseball, not of the port wine variety, though.

I'm gonna break back into my cheeseball mode for a minute here. Seems to be happening more these days. I don't know what it is, too many drugs or not enough, I'm not sure.
Tonight on PBS they had a tribute to James Taylor. I'm not sure if I've mentioned before, but I love James Taylor. His music resonates with me more than any other. It has, at times, been the soundtrack of my life. Good times and bad. I've fallen in love to "Something in the Way She Moves," I've driven down the road looking for something unknown to "Carolina on My Mind," and I've failed at taking my own existence away to "Fire and Rain."
It used to be that listening to Mr. Taylor's musice was a sign of my melancholy. I'd turn it on during a down mood to deepen the sadness. I'd feel the notes of his guitar ring through me and wallow in feeling bad. Especially "Fire and Rain." Like a depressive goth teen I'd play it over and over, drowning in the melody and going into my fugue, forgetting any happiness and devouring the sadness.
I've managed over the years to stop from slipping into those episodes. I've also learned to appreciate James Taylor in better times. To hear his music and love the timbre of his voice and the harmony of his sound.
I sat at a concert of his a few years ago. It was a lovely warm summer night and I was on the lawn of an amphitheatre. It was just one of those perfect settings with the music, the warm breeze, the stars above. I laid on the blanket, staring at the stars, never wanting the moment to end. One of those moments where you really feel alive. All your senses are tingling. The stars in my eyes, the music in my ears, the smell of the grass, the warm breeze on my skin. It is a moment I'll never forget.
I don't know where I'm going with this other than to say, I love James Taylor. His peaceful being, his perfect guitar playing and his singular, extraordinary voice.
It was once a dream of mine to write a screenplay for a movie and have James Taylor do the soundtrack. Now, I'm content applying his music as the soundtrack of my life.

Labels: , ,

posted by dusio @ 11/29/2006 10:13:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!