Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Sappy-Ass Saturday.
How else can you follow up Porn Star Friday than with Sappy-Ass Saturday? I don't blog a whole lot on the weekends, so an occasional sappy story on Saturdays might be a refreshing change of pace.

The chick in the picture above is Taylor Swift. An up and coming country hottie who is all of 18 years old. She has a song, “Tim McGraw.” Now, much of what I write from this point on in this post all originates in the cheesy, sappy, emotional part of me. You ever hear one of those songs and the words just strum your emotional strings? This song did that for me. The basis of the song is someone remembering a time and place with a short lived love that coincided with a Tim McGraw song. I had one a short term, fire-hot relationship that started and ended around McGraw’s music.

This was back about 8 or 9 years ago. I had a job where I traveled a lot doing events for the retail company I worked for. Grand openings, big sales, tennis tournaments. At one particular tennis tournament, I opened and ran a sportswear shop on the grounds of an ATP tournament event. It was staffed with employees of my company from the surrounding area. At this tournament, I met her. She was all of 18. I was all of 28. Actually, to be truthful, she was just out of high school. I know all the reasons why dating someone who is a) 10 years younger and b) working for you, is a really bad idea. At the time, I didn’t give a shit. I was just out having fun. So I she and I hit it off from the minute we laid eyes on each other. Just one of those things.
She was beautiful and funny and outrageous. She made me feel good. We were a strange pair. Me, the 28 year old divorced with 2 kids guy and her, the just out of high school hottie. It really wasn’t all about her looks, if that’s what you are thinking. She was smart, too. She graduated tops in her class and had a full ride to Xavier University in Cincy. We talked for hours. Anyways, we both were into country music, and at the time, Tim McGraw was huge. The song he sang with his wife, ‘It’s Your Love,’ seemed to be on anytime we were together.
So the after the two weeks of the tournament, I went back to Columbus. She lived in Cincinnati, with her parents. We did the driving thing for a month or so. I then got assigned to open a store in Louisville. Louisville is about an hour or so from Cincy, about the same as Cincinnati to Columbus, maybe a little closer. We continued to see each other while I was there. Let me state now, I was an idiot at that time. Although I had pretty strong feelings for her, I started seeing another girl in my company who lived in Columbus. I told you I was an idiot. Anyways, after six months in Louisville, they wanted me to move back to Columbus. I didn’t have a problem with that, other than I had given up my old apartment and would have to start over in Columbus. They had paid for my place in Louisville. The girl I had been casually dating from Columbus, suggested I move in with her, she had an extra room. Genius that I was, and being to lazy to look for a new place, I took her up on it. The Cincy girl was not happy with this decision at all. I finally convinced her that it was just temporary and that nothing was going on between my new roommate and me. Again, idiot, I know. Liar and bastard, too.
So, I lived with the Columbus girl, who I continued to see. And by see I mean sex and dating. And I still saw the Cincy girl, but I had to travel down there to see her. Don’t ask how I managed to pull any of this off. I used to have some strange two-timing superpower that allowed me to date two or more women, at once, who both worked for the same company and get a way with it. If only I could have used that evil genius for good.

Moving on.

It got to the point where I was tired of the Columbus girl and really only wanted to date Cincy. But, as fate would have it, she tired of my bullshit and started dating someone else. Like the hypocritical creep I was, I was crushed. I really believe if Columbus had met someone else, it wouldn’t have bothered me at all. But with Cincy, I was crushed. I mean, I went into a depression for over a month. I had, by that time, quit my job at that company and was working elsewhere. Columbus had no idea why I was so miserable. Well, Tim McGraw was still hot. His song at that time was ‘Please Remember Me.’ So, therein lies the thread that Mr. McGraw wove throughout that relationship.

So what happened afterward? Well, Cincy and I emailed back and forth for a few years after that. I last heard from her about four years ago. She was engaged. I haven’t heard from her since. And Columbus? Well, Columbus became my second wife. Again, I know I was an idiot. I suppose, in the long run, the nightmare short life of my second marriage was all just payback for the crap I pulled at that time. But let it be known, when I decided to be with Columbus, I never saw another girl. I never cheated on her. I did dedicate myself to her. Karma just decided to give me a little payback.

You may go away from this story thinking, “That Dusio is a grade A asshole.” And that may very well be true. But that’s not me anymore. I see how immature and disrespectful I was in those years. I see that every horrible thing I did later came back and bit me in the ass. I don’t deny my faults, but I do claim right of having moved past those.

So, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw and me. That’s the story. And I’m stickin’ to it.

Labels: , , ,

posted by dusio @ 11/25/2006 07:09:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I could get two women to like me at the same time, I'd definately date 'em both!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!