|
| Thursday, August 03, 2006 |
| Bring on the rain. |
 Will it please just rain!!!!! I’ve always considered myself more of a northern climes type of person. This weather has confirmed it for me. Canada seems more and more like a good option.
Working at the bike show last night was miserable. It was as hot and humid as any day I have ever suffered through. I worked with a lady that was hired about the time I was. She was brought in to work at bike shows and in the clothing store. She’s 45, I think; she’s a nice lady. She’s pretty attractive for her age, doesn’t really look 45. She is a bit of a redneck, but in a nice way. She’s definitely not that bright. She’s single and she’s always telling me about the men she meets online. She doesn’t usually actually meet them. Every time she meets one she acts like this is the one. I understand being positive, but she’s a little delusional. I’ve seen the average person you meet online, it’s not pretty. The thing about meeting people online is, you may initially meet and talk to many more people than you would looking offline, but the quality is far worse. Most of the people you meet are ones you’d rule out even before you got to know them. Then there are the phonies. You know, the married people, the people sending pictures that aren’t them, or they lie about their age or weight. It’s a big risk.
Oddly, I met my first wife online. Yep. This was back in 1990. The days of the BBS. I had an Apple IIe computer with a 16k modem. Yeah, I know. I don’t know how we did it. There were no graphics. It was all text. You’d chat with someone and it would take hours to have a five-minute conversation.
“Hi” Five minute wait “Hello” Five minute wait “What are you doing?” Five minute wait.
It was excruciating. Yeah, so my wife and I met on a bbs and here we are. We went to a party a member was having and it was all down hill from there. It was love/lust at first site. We nearly had sex in the bathroom at this person’s house. See, it can work.
So I got dragged out to another road trip with my boss. Same insane driving. Same crazy facial expressions. Today I noticed a new habit of his. Scratching his balls. Not just occasionally or for just a second. I’m talking every 5 minutes, for like a minute. We’re sitting in the car, driving along quietly, and I hear a noise. It sounded like someone was rubbing two pieces of corduroy together. I glance over and there he is, going to town on his sack. Over and over and over. Ugh. Don’t shake this guys hand. He either has a rash, crabs or just one really bad nervous habit.
There is one woman who works in my new company. One. She’s kinda cute. My age. She has a booming body. She came in today wearing these incredibly tight dress pants. Yummy. I love a nice size ass and strong thighs. Perfecto. Did I mention Blogspot is making me nuts? I can’t seem to get any pics to show up on my page. They either won’t upload or they upload and don’t appear. I’ll accept any help I can get.
If you have been reading my blog, you can probably tell I’m a democrat. I’m not a hardcore democrat, but I go along with most of their tenets. I’m probably closer to a socialist, but I’ll stick with democrat as a label. Most of the mainstream democrats piss me off, though. There doesn’t seem to be any real backbone in the Democratic Party right now. I was excited about Howard Dean becoming the national chairman. I would have voted for him for president. I was all about Dean until the press destroyed him. Who really cares if a guy get’s a little excited? It’s such crap. Anyways, even Dean has been dragged into the middle. I just want them to stand up and say, “NO. This is wrong and we won’t compromise.” Some things call for definitive decisions. I firmly believe that the world is in no way black and white. The world is various shades of gray. But I do think you need to stand up for what’s right. So much that is going on today is wrong. I don’t believe in criticizing to criticize, but call it as it is. I don’t know who from the democrats could run for president. There are a lot of capable people. Hillary, Obama, Wesley Clark, Gore, Edwards. I think any of them would be good. I just want someone who will really try to reverse what has happened over the last 6 years. Please!
Did I tell you I love that new Christina Aguilera song? I do.
Wyatt Earp is a great movie. I love it. I love western, not the old ones, newer ones. I’m a big old west history geek. I can watch Wyatt Earp any time it comes on. I prefer it to Tombstone with Kurt Russell. I just think Earp is a better movie. The real Wyatt Earp led a fascinating life. You should read about him sometime.
Am I the only person that doesn’t find Will Farrell that funny?
I’ve always wanted to go to Cuba. It seems like a beautiful place. I love Hemmingway and I’d love to see the places he wrote of. With Castro ill, it might be possible. I think the whole boycott of Cuba is bullshit. We didn’t have to boycott the USSR. And look what happened. The infectious nature of American and Western culture is enough to overthrow most dictators. I have to admire Castro’s spunk in pissing off the US for almost fifty years.
You know what other musical act I love that a 37-year-old man shouldn’t? The Pussycat Dolls
Hey, I’m going to die! http://www.deathforecast.com/result.php?record=259133 |
posted by dusio @ 8/03/2006 05:17:00 PM   |
|
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |