|
| Monday, July 31, 2006 |
| Live and let live and let die |
 Here I am again. It is going to be another scorcher here in lovely Ohio. Ohio weather is just lovely. You get cold rainy, occasionally snowy winters. Spring consists of four nice days and months of rain. Summer is oppressive humidity and heat surrounded by thunderstorms and rain. Fall is about the only decent season. Temperatures are mild, not as much rain, generally nice.
I’m taking a break at work again. Filling my spare time writing on this blog. My life is so exciting. I’ve been reading the news all morning. I have to say, every day this thing with Israel/Lebanon goes on, I get more appalled. I have to say Israel is out of control. After yesterdays bombing that killed mostly women and children, they said they’d refrain from more bombings, except to defend their troops. Well, today they blow up a vehicle with Lebanese Army in it. Again, they say they are ‘sorry.’ Do they really even care? I don’t think so. I think they are so intent on doing whatever it is they think they are doing they don’t care how many innocent people get killed. What’s lost here is Lebanon is a sovereign nation. Israel claims it is only going after Hezbollah, but in the process they are destroying another nation. And indiscriminately, too, it seems. Could we bomb Mexico to go after drug dealers operating there? Doubtful, but because it’s Israel and the Middle East, its ok by the U.S. Lebanon has no control over Hezbollah. They have a democratically elected government that doesn’t have the military might to keep large, organized, and powerful organizations out of their country. Truth be told, Hezbollah does a lot for the people of Lebanon. They right now are setting up shelters for Lebanese people who have lost their homes due to the bombings. It’s not like Afghanistan and Al Qaeda. The Taliban fully supported Al Qaeda and had no issues with what it was doing. We had every right to go in and take that government down because it sanctioned an attack on us and would have continued to do so. Now, for some reason, people will call my opinion anti-semitic. Why? Why can’t I not like the Israeli government? It has nothing to do with them being Jewish or whatever. I wouldn’t care if they were Catholic. I don’t agree with our war in Iraq, but I still love my country. Religion only clouds the issue on either side. I’m not against Muslims, but I’m against Muslim radicals. I’m against any radical, Christian radicals, Jewish radicals, Muslim radicals, environmental radicals. Any person who would do harm or damage to further their religion or ideas is wrong. I don’t think the U.S. should be out pushing democracy down everyone’s throats. Some cultures aren’t ready for it and frankly don’t want it. Many say that we need to involve ourselves to protect people around the world. Like we did in Bosnia. Great. It only took us years to get into there. Then if that’s the criteria, why do we allow the nightmare that is Africa these days? Why do we do business with China? Or half a dozen other repressive regimes? Oh yes, money. That’s what this is all about. Whether it be oil or cheap labor, where the bucks are, there goes the U.S. Our political system is a sham. Our elected leaders don’t represent all the people. They represent themselves, their financial interests, their supporters and anyone who can pay their bills. The entire election system needs overhauled. Politicians should not be able to receive money from any company, individual or organization. Pay for elections out of public moneys. Require political advertisements be free. The networks will do it if you force them to. Make it a part of their licensing. I’m off track here. Seriously, when is someone going to call Israel on the carpet? It won’t be us, Republicans call it a war on terror and Democrats have too much money donated by Israeli interests. The rest of the world decries what is going on, we just sit back. The worst part? You want to know the worst part? People blame us for Israeli actions. They believe Israel only does what we allow them to do. They believe we sanction everything Israel does. And maybe we do. Read this article. http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs8012 There is a point where the writer asks the Lebanese man who he blames for the deaths in Qana. His reply? America. What a wonderful reputation we build in an area that produces most of the radicals in the world. What a great thing to do. Let’s stand by and let Israel make us look worse than we already do. Let’s make more people hate us. Maybe more people will be inspired to try to kill Americans. The sad thing is, the average American could care less. Most people have no idea what is going on. You ask some people about the Middle East and all they want to do is kill Arabs. Most people still think Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11. Thanks to our Emperor, er, I mean president. Or vice-president, who ever is really running the show. But you know what; I don’t have an issue with people not caring. They are worried about their own issues. Things that affect their day to day lives. But they don’t vote that way. They vote for people who want to stick their noses into everything. They vote for people, that in the guise of protecting the American Way, run roughshod over everything that the Founding Fathers believed in. They vote for people who say big government is bad, but want to regulate and restrict everything. Choice, research, what you read, watch or browse. Gotta stop people from swearing on the radio, it’s wrong. Let’s go kill some Iraqi’s, that’s ok. We aren’t any safer today than we were on 9/10/01. Probably much less safe. Think about it people. Man, that was quite a rant. Sometimes I just need to get things off my chest. Honestly, sometimes I want to leave and move to Canada or a Scandinavian country. Live and let live. So, what do you think of the Yankees getting Bobby Abreu? |
posted by dusio @ 7/31/2006 07:25:00 PM   |
|
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |