Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Hell Hath No Fury like an August Heatwave.
I know, I’ve been bitching about the weather for days now, but it’s still fucking hot! Supposedly this is the last day for the extreme heat here in Ohio, with the usual thunderstorms to follow. Thank god. I’m tired of sweating my ass off.

I am very tired today. Not sure why, just am. I woke up tired, have worked tired, and am still tired. Ugh.

So I took a short road trip with my boss today. This guy is a piece of work. Not in a bad way. He’s a pretty good guy. He is just a character. He’s short, kinda saggy-faced, droopy looking. He makes the craziest faces sometimes when he thinks of something. He has an odd manner of speaking. He’ll be in the middle of a sentence, and then stop. He’ll be quiet for an uncomfortable amount of time. Long enough to make you want to jump in and say something. Then he’ll start right where he left off. It can be unnerving. When I first met him and he did it, I’d look at him wondering if he was having a stroke or something. Plus, the guy drives like crap. He’s all over the road. Lanes mean nothing. And worst of all, he drives really slowly. We had to drive 45 minutes southeast of Columbus into the hills of Ohio. It’s a beautiful area with lots of state parks and national forests. There is a park down there called Old Man’s Cave. It’s a beautiful ravine through the hills and forest. It was a place we always used to go when I was young.
Back on point, there are lots of hills and he would take the hills at the slowest possible speed. It was making me crazy. He has a brand new SUV and I’m damn sure it could handle going faster. I guess it was my lesson in patience for the week.

I’m working for the bike shop tonight at a bar’s bike night. I thought I’d help them out and make some extra cash. Should be fun. It’s hot so the biker hoochies will be out in all their slutty get ups. AMEN!

Hey, how about that Mel Gibson. What a guy! Cracks me up. I mean, I know what it’s like to get drunk and say stupid things, but come on. There’s no way that comes out of your brain unless you’ve thought that before. Plus, the history of him, his father and that movie, you know he has some pretty fucked up ideas. I think his plea for help from the Jewish community is a crock. He just doesn’t want to ruin his career any more than it is. I’d have more respect for him if he just flat out said, “that’s what I believe and I said it.” Not that I condone what he said. Racism and bigotry to me are just symptoms of ignorance. Ignorance and intolerance. I’m not perfect by any means. I’ll admit the “N” word has run through my mind and I’ve used it in a joke before, but I’m not racist. I would never use someone’s race against them in any decision I make. We’re all people. That’s it. Jews, Arabs, Africans, Asians, whatever. I don’t know how anyone can do the things people do in the name of race or religion. How do you slaughter women and children and justify it? My mind can’t comprehend it. I’d say if there is a root of any evil in this world, it’s fundamentalism. These people who are so entranced in their religion that they would deprive people of their basic rights, hell, the right to even live. How can you call yourself religious person? I have an issue with most religions in general. Most of them are so old and are based on things written thousands of years ago. Perhaps my mind is too scientifically set up to have blind faith. I’m not saying that I don’t believe that there are things not understood or not easily explained, but I don’t believe that anyone religion has a right over any other. What makes one more valid than another? Thousands of years ago the Greeks and Romans believed in many gods. For hundreds of years, nearly all of them believed as strongly as any Christian, Jew or Muslim. But then, that religion faded out. Why? Was there concrete proof that it was wrong? No. It faded out because people stopped believing. That’s a religions greatest enemy. Lack of people who believe. Now I grew up a Catholic. Went to Catholic school for a while. But I always felt forced into it. I also felt repressed by it. Catholicism to me is far too judgemental and regressive. Over the two thousand years or so of Catholicism, it has changed very little. But honestly, at times when my life is hard, I can find solace in a church or mass. But I don’t think it’s the religion itself. It’s the familiarity of the church or the mass. I grew up with those things, they feel comfortable. I think if a religion can provide you with a community and a feeling of worth, than go for it. If your faith makes you a better person. Outstanding. But that doesn’t give you the right to impress it upon anyone else. Or to judge anyone else, or condemn anyone. It’s right for you, but it might not work for another person. There is a guy at the motorcycle shop. He is in his fifties, an old biker who works in the parts department. He is one of the genuinely nicest people I’ve ever met. From my first day there he was friendly and tried to make me feel welcome. He never has a bad thing to say about anyone. He’s a Christian. He doesn’t push it on you, but he will tell you if you ask. I love the guy. Everyone should be like him. He’s happy in his life and he lives it. Too many people preach and don’t practice. Religion shouldn’t be about judging or telling others how to live their lives, it should be about being a better person. Our feckless leader, Emperor Bush would deny science the right to try to heal others because HIS belief holds it to be wrong. How is that just? Polls show the majority of Americans support stem cell research, but Bush thinks he knows better. He repulses me. I hate the way everything he has to do he feels the need to invoke god in. I need to stop, it makes me crazy.
posted by dusio @ 8/03/2006 05:21:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!