Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Friday, July 28, 2006
Ciao, bella........ Grrrrrrrrrr..........

It’s Friday, yippee. I don’t get excited about the weekends anymore. What’s there to be excited about? I don’t go out, I’m working most Saturdays, the S.O. works Friday and Saturday nights, so it’s all kids for me. It’s not like I want to go out and party all weekend, but an occasional night out would be nice. I’d be happy if it was the S.O. and I going out. But she is either working or doesn’t want to. I have gotten out a few times lately, so I can’t complain too much. But I will anyways.
It is one ugly day today here in central Ohio. I’m sure to anyone not in Ohio, central Ohio must sound like central nowhere to you. But, honestly, Ohio gets a bad wrap. It’s not too bad a place. You’ve got big cities, Cleveland, Cincy, Columbus; you’ve got lots of small towns. There are great amusement parks, King’s Island, Cedar Point. You’ve got professional sports, baseball, football, basketball and hockey. Some of the best college sports in the country. Overall, I like Ohio. I like to visit other places, big cities, foreign countries, tropical beaches, but I like to come home to Ohio. It’s got everything I need. Hell, Dave Chappelle likes it enough to hole himself up outside of Dayton on a farm. I hate the snobbery of the people that live on the coasts. Like nothing exists between California and New York. It’s ridiculous. So you like where you live and I like where I live, so what? I don’t demean NYC or LA like those people demean every other state. I could go on for hours about cost of living and crime and the environment here versus there. I understand why people like the big cities and the coasts. There are terrific things about those places. But hey, there are terrific things about most places.
Snobs are my pet peeve. I can’t stand uppity people. To judge someone by where they live or how much money they make, it’s bullshit. People are people. I’ve met great human beings in all social strata. Some of the nicest people I’ve ever met are bikers. I’ve met great rich people too. I grew up with a family that lived near by me that had loads of money. They owned a construction company that built entire neighborhoods and owned most of the land in my area. They were the most humble down to earth people I’d ever met. I remember once I was going to soccer practice with them. One of their kids was my age and we were on the same team. His mother was driving us to the field. We were in the back being kids, we were about 12, and we started joking how the houses in this one particular neighborhood were small and all shaped like boxes. His mother interrupted us and got upset. She said you should never make fun of someone’s house. That’s where people live and that’s where they call home. That has stayed with me until this day. This family had a big house, but I’m sure they could have afforded a much bigger one. All their kids worked from about 13 on. They’ve all turned out to be successful in their own right. And not just in the family business. Actually out of three boys, only one works at the company. They were just good people. But I’ve met broke people who’d give you their last dime to help you out, too. I don’t like snobs, or bigots, or racists. I can have a sense of humor about it, but people who put into practice these ignorances, I have no tolerance for. I joke about myself being Italian. Who cares? It’s not all and everything I am. It’s just who I happened to be born to. Just like race, and religion and a lot of the time, economic level. Let’s face it; if you’re born to a wealthy family, you have a much better chance of ending up wealthy. Plenty of people have risen up from poverty to wealth, but their path is much harder than that of someone born into a rich family.
And, let’s face it, every one get’s looked down on by some one else. People from Ohio get looked down on by people form New York, people from Ohio look down on people from Kentucky, people from Kentucky look down on people from west Virginia. And people from New York get looked down on by people from Europe. Etc, etc. etc. It works that way with money too. The lower class is looked down on by the middle class, the middle class by the nouveau riche, the nouveau riche by old money, old money by older money, older money by royalty. See, everyone is the butt of someone else’s joke somewhere. So get over yourself. I make fun of people, sure. But I understand people make fun of me, so I don’t take myself that serious. Everyone in this world needs to just lighten the fuck up.

Change of subject!

I have a counter on the bottom of my page that tells me where people click in from and roughly how long they stay. I’ve noticed most of my clicks come from links I’ve put on craigslist. Sure, it’s a form of spam, but I just want people to check it out, I’m not selling anything. I would really like to get more people to comment, though. I’m just not sure how. I did find a survey site that let’s you put up a link and post a free survey. I may do that just for shits and giggles. Anyone? Anyone?
That's Asia Argento in the picture, she's Italian, she's hot, she is my dream woman.
Enough for now.
j
posted by dusio @ 7/28/2006 04:23:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!