|
| Wednesday, September 12, 2007 |
| Tuesday, used to be Alterna-Hottie Day, now is......... |
 Five Things That Piss Me Off Day.
I doubt every Tuesday will be known as such, but today I feel like living up to the name of the blog and bitching.
Okay with youse peoples?
Sadly, the pic to the right is kind of hot. Something about the black eyeliner, the black nail polish, the kinky hair, the little bit of white t-shirt, altogether, it's hot. I know, I'm sad.
So anyways, five things that piss me off. 1. Emperor Bush. If you have never read my blog before, I hate the man. He's taken us to a new low as a nation.
2. The blissfully unaware. You know the people. Those that are so wrapped up in their lives that they have know idea what is really going on. They turn on American Idol and love it! They can't wait for the next book Oprah Winfrey recommends. Every trend that comes down the pike they jump all over. They vote republican because they are scared not too. They live in the suburbs, drive an SUV, buy Starbucks everyday, drink a bottled water, eat at whatever restaurant the newspaper tells them is good. Well, maybe not. They think Olive Garden is the best Italian food there is and Pizza Hut is the best pizza.
3. Public schools. I'm trying to get my kids to eat healthier but the geniuses at the public schools have pop and candy machines in the cafeteria. Every effort I can make at home is undone because they are desperate for the money Coke can give them. I guess this bitch is really at how public schools are funded. Which leads us to.
4. Politics. I'm sick of all parties. Yes, I'm still a Democrat, but I'm not that enthusiastic about any Democratic politicians. It's all about money and getting elected or re-elected. I saw a show with the Democratic contenders that was on a gay cable channel. Not one of them had the balls to say that they fully supported gay rights. Oh, they made the usual noise about equality and hate crimes, but when asked if they supported gay marriage, they all reneged. All except Dennis Kucinich. He said he supports gay marriage. I really want to vote for that guy. I wish he had a shot in hell.
5. Me. I piss me off. I'm not motivated, I'm too easily discouraged, I don't always say what I should say. I'm 38 and I regret 90% of the choices I have made in my life. My only outlet and friend is this blog. No, I'm not looking for pity or to make anyone feel sorry for me. I'm just venting. Or as the title says, bitching. It's what I do, it's basically who I am.
You know, reading those things, you might think I'm a pretty negative guy. Truth is, I'm not. Though I'm skeptical of a lot of things, I think the world is basically a good place. I think most people just want to be happy, they just don't always do things the right way. I think a world with as much beauty as ours can't be inherently bad. Sure, there is evil out there. I battle with it in my own mind for god's sake. But, there are a whole lot of good things, too. People who do right just to do it. Heroes in real life. You don't read about it much, you don't see it getting the front page, but good is out there. It's just not eye-catching and glamorous like death, destruction and Lindsay Lohan's cocaine and alcohol riddled ass hanging out of a skirt while it plows into a tree. Sure, Britney Spears is a train wreck, but who doesn't know a girl who had kids and got married too young and fucked up her life. Spears just is the Hollywood version of that girl in your home town. We had a pregnant girl in my high school and it was all the gossip. Everyone thought is was scandalous. Granted, this was around '85, so it was a little different back then. Sadly, I remember thinking, "well, we know she puts out." That's the way a horny 16 year old thinks. At least that's the way I did.
I digress. No, I am a positive person. I like to help people. I like to believe in people. I'm just disappointed occasionally. Honestly, I have to think positively. I have kids and to think I'm sending them out in a world that's just greedy bastards, pedophiles and thieves would keep me up all night.
I believe in love. I believe it's much harder today than it was 50 years ago to be in love, but I think it's out there.
With this information society has come many negatives. These aren't negatives that weren't there before, they are negatives that just weren't brought to light before. If it happens now, someone has a camera, a camera phone or some piece of technology to record it and put it on the web.
Seriously, isn't it bizarre that the most popular form of entertainment is Reality TV? Isn't entertainment supposed to be about escaping reality? Maybe this is why I like science fiction and cartoons and super heroes. I can go these places in my mind and not be presented with situations I face every day in life. I see enough divorce, people not getting along, bad singers, wanna-be's and conniving jerks in real life. I don't need to watch supposedly real people on TV doing the same things. And another thing about reality TV. You ever notice how the worst behaviour is always rewarded? On American Idol, making fun of someone makes you a star. On Survivor, doing something shady and underhanded is just part of playing the game and trying to win. Bitches and assholes always get the press. I guess nice guys do finish last. What does that say about us? No wonder the rest of the world hates us.
Besides, of course, that we elected bush twice.Labels: Britney Spears, bush, Five Things That Piss Me Off, Hottie Alterna-Chick Day, Lindsay Lohan, politics, reality TV |
posted by dusio @ 9/12/2007 09:18:00 AM   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
UGHHHHHH reality television sucks - you are so right! I haven't sat in front of the dummy box in years because of the discouraging crap that is brainwashing people out there. How sad our world has succumbed to that level.
And thanks for liking my blog ;)
xoxo ~Lauren
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |
UGHHHHHH reality television sucks - you are so right! I haven't sat in front of the dummy box in years because of the discouraging crap that is brainwashing people out there. How sad our world has succumbed to that level.
And thanks for liking my blog ;)
xoxo
~Lauren