Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Fuck you Friday.

So, the week ends. Not nearly as well as it started. I thought I had the job all wrapped up. But, no such luck. They call me for another meeting. I drive like 45 minutes for what I am sure is going to be a job offer. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......... WRONG. Well, I take that back. They didn't offer me the job I was going for, they offered me an hourly job paying about 1/2 what I need to make. And I'm not looking for an executive position. I mean, I get there, the guy tells me how great our interview went, how I had a great outlook, great ideas. Then there is the but. Then he proceeds to tell me the 2 things that I didn't seem to have for the job. These weren't deal killers in my book. I could easily learn one of them, and the other, I'm sure I already know. I was pissed. I mean, don't blow sunshine up my ass and tell me I did great, but......... He could have told me on the phone and it would have been fine. Instead, I get excited because he's called me back and he says he really wants to meet with me. I feel like complete shit. Seriously. This isn't a job that was out of my league. In fact, it's probably a step lower for me. I know it was less pay than I was making. If I wasn't good enough for that job, I'm fucked.

I can't relate to you how miserable I feel. This was the one call back for interview I have gotten out of 20 or so resumes I've sent out. Hell, I don't think I could get a job at McDonald's right now. They'd figure out some reason I'm not good enough. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. I'm 38, have 3 kids, no insurance, no prospects and am now thoroughly depressed.
I'd off myself if I had any money to leave the kids, but I don't. I have pretty much run through my savings. My unemployment is shit.
fucking fuck i hate myself and my life right now.

Labels:

posted by dusio @ 8/31/2007 07:20:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Hey, I hate when people tell me to hang tough because I feel like my job's a fucking useless pit of humiliating crap, but you have to hang in for the kids if nothing else. My kid's the only way I'm able to barely keep my head up. They need you more than you can imagine. Call me (email) if you feel desperate. Join me for a homemade brew if things get crazy. The family and I will be hanging around most of the weekend (except 4-7 Sun and Mon).

    I don't exactly know your pain because I'm employed, but I've been searching for a job for 7 years. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!