|
| Monday, August 27, 2007 |
| Monday Monday. |
 Another week. Perhaps it'll be brighter.
Today I took my daughter to her first day of kindergarten. I must say, it was a bit traumatic for me. Truth is, it's the end of an era of her life. She's now in regular school, five days a week. She's still my little angel, but she's getting to be a big girl. She looked so beautiful in her uniform. She was a bit nervous and there was a little fuss at first, but as soon as she saw another child she knew from preschool going in, she got right out of the car and was ready. I walked her into her class and all the parents had cameras and were recording the day for posterity. I got a few pics in. She sat right down at her desk and was ready. It took me three or four tries to leave. I kept walking out the door, then looking back in. Where does time go? You really do need to cherish every minute of every day with your kids. They grow up and move on. I've got two in high school now. They were my angels, too. And still are. It's just different with teenage girls. The want there space and sometimes they want there childhood, too. It's a fine line as a dad in these cases. I do my best. Sometimes I fail, hopefully more than not, I succeed. I guess I won't know until they are adults and living there lives. I'm a sappy guy.
Ok, so a comment was made that my depressed, angry posts were sounding like a serial killer. Did it get that bad? I assure you, I could never hurt anyone. Especially innocent people. There is a previous employer I'd like to torture, but it would be well deserved. I'm not one to injure anyone but myself. And, I've grow out of that.
Oh, I have a job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck. It's a good company, it's a good job, so let's hope for the best.
I wanted to thank the three or four of you that have read and commented positively. Actually all the comments have been positive. I post every comment I get and have never gotten a negative one. No, it's nice to hear from people you know nothing of that they are pulling for you or wish you well or whatever. It's strange where you can find a friend. I've recently(the past few months) been in touch with a person who has turned out to be a great supplier of compassion and positive energy. I found this person on MySpace. We went to high school together but never talked to each other back then. We had totally different backgrounds and circles of friends. We have been chatting and had lunch and I feel now I have a real friend that is caring and compassionate and is my friend for the sole reason of just being a friend. Yes, it's a woman, but it's not anything more than friends. She's got her man, I've got the S.O. and thats that. She recently moved pretty far away but the magic of the internet keeps us in touch. She also recently discovered this blog and my secret identity and still likes me!
So, to the positive thinkers, my good friend and whoever else, thank you. Peace.Labels: children, friends., Monday |
posted by dusio @ 8/27/2007 07:15:00 PM   |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
I like seeing the dad side of you, btw. It's sweet and reflective, and goes well with the dirty old man thing you had going on earlier. *LOL*
I don't think you ever sounded like a serial killer. Just really, really down.
It's probably too late - but good luck on the job interview!
(I was out of town for awhile with no connection then just plain out of sorts - sorry!)
-
Thank you. I'll always be a 'dirty old man'. Although, I don't much care for the old part.
Sorry to hear you were out of sorts. I hate when I run out of sorts.
-
Ah, don't take the old part of that wrong. I know guys who have been dirty old men since they were teenagers. It's a state of mind more than a comment on your age.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |
I like seeing the dad side of you, btw. It's sweet and reflective, and goes well with the dirty old man thing you had going on earlier. *LOL*
I don't think you ever sounded like a serial killer. Just really, really down.
It's probably too late - but good luck on the job interview!
(I was out of town for awhile with no connection then just plain out of sorts - sorry!)