
So it’s Thursday. I’m at work. I’m taking a break. I’m in the process of studying and learning all sorts of crap and I need to let my mind breathe a bit. Everything seems relatively understandable; I just think practice is going to be needed for me to truly have a handle on what I am doing. Let’s hope.
Have I mentioned how much more I am relaxed now that I have a new job and it is a job I like? It feels like the weight of the world is off of my shoulders. I feel like now, I can work towards goals and accomplish something. I feel like I am appreciated and respected. It’s amazing. It’s nice not working for a senile megalomaniac and his socially inept mama’s boy of a son.
Tonight I am helping out at an event they are holding for a charity. A couple of co-workers suggested it is also my “welcome to the company party.” All I know is that I am not drinking much. I am instituting a two beer limit. I have to get up, take the kids to school and then go to work. Plus, the S.O. is not going to tolerate me being out all hours of the night like last time. I can’t blame her. I was so drunk then that I never answered my cell phone and she was a bit perturbed. Which is infinitely better than her being in a rage, during which time I need fear for my physical safety? Just kidding. But seriously, we are getting along fairly well these days. She was very supportive when I lost my job. I really appreciate that. See, whenever I fall down, she is always there for me. She always has been. I ‘m not saying she’s doesn’t question me or tell me the truth, but she is there for me. I do love her. I mean, what is love if it isn’t someone who is there for you in your darkest hours?
I want to do something really nice for her for her birthday which is coming up in a few weeks. I just don’t know what. I’m taking suggestions. HELP ME!!!
Well, I better get back to work. Peace.
Labels: Love, The S.O., Thursday, Work |
Oh, birthdays! Mine is coming up soon, too. Is she a girlie girl, a romantic? A sporty chic or a fashion plate? I always think it's easier to buy for women since so many stores cater to us (my hubby says otherwise). Anyway, I'm a super hero freak, myself (wonder woman is my fav, hence the blog address) but, I love shoes. Does she? Get a peak at her shoe size if she does and examine the types of shoes she's purchased in the past. You'll be able to get a sense of what she likes by doing this, if you don't already know.
If "date night" is a rarety for the two of you, arrange a babysitter and take her out. She'd probably kiss the ground you walk on for some grown up time with you. Don't forget flowers (most of us are suckers for those). :-)
Does she like scented stuff? How about a pop-in to Vickie Secrets or Bath and Body works. Too expensive? Breakfast in bed is thoughtful and cheap.