Yes, it's Tuesday, that makes it Hottie Alterna-Chick Day. Again I dig into the Dolls of Evolved pics and pull out the lovely Lattershed.
So my first day of my new job at the motorcycle dealership. So far so good. They are actually paying me more than what I made at my last job. I am so happy. I was ready to take less, but damn! Thank you whatever power has shined it's graces on me. I do have quite a bit to learn but I am pretty confident in it. It doesn't seem like it should be incredibly difficult with some practice. It's all financial stuff and some admin work, but it seems manageable. I'm happy to be wanted and challenged.
We are getting ready for the big Easyrider's Show in February. Lindsay from the Dolls of Evolved called me at work wanting to arrange a photoshoot with some of the ladies and our bikes. Needless to say, I said hell yes! I look forward to that! They are going to be on the cover of Easyrider Magazine. The guy who started Easyrider also owns our dealership. He started here in Columbus. I'm going to try and finagle a picture of me and all the girls. I'll post that for sure if it happens. See, this is why I love working at the bike shop, cool stuff like this happens.
Today is my oldest daughter's birthday. She is 15. Damn that makes me feel old. She and I have a rocky relationship sometimes. We seem to clash a lot. I take the blame. I mean, I know she is a typical teenage girl with her moods and everything else. But I wonder sometimes if me leaving back when she was little has something to do with the way we are together. The S.O. and I separated the first time when she was around 2. Up until then, my daughter and I were as close as any father of his first baby girl. We did everything together. But then I moved out. And I think it changed something. I know she was young, but up until I moved back in almost 6 years ago, I wasn't around as much as I should have been. I wasn't a great father. I live with that regret all the time now. Ugh. It hurts to think about it. I love my kids immensely and it kills me to know that my immaturity and stupidity cost me the experience and joy of their younger years. I'm sure I overcompensate with my youngest now. I know I'd never miss a minute of her time now. I wish I could change things. But, alas...........
That's cheery isn't it? I'll stop.
So, anyways, Happy Birthday to my oldest. I love you.
Not that she reads this. I'd freak if she did! No one needs to know there dad is a freaky old man.
Labels: children, Dolls of Evolved, Easyriders, Hottie Alterna-Chick Day, motorcycle shop |