Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Hottie Alterna-Chick Day.

Or Tuesday in the real world.

That’s Dita Von Teese, btw. Hottie von Hottie, if you ask me.


Most of you had your work week start yesterday. I have a strange work week, Tuesday through Saturday. I kind of like it, having a weekday off. I can schedule appointments and stuff. But, it does drag on into the weekend. Six of one, half dozen of another, as they say.

So, Sunday night I got really sick. I mean food poisoning sick. I had mussels. I apparently had bad mussels. It was miserable. It started with stomach pain and nausea. Add to that sweating and cramps. Then I puked like I had never puked before. It hurt. I broke most of the blood vessels around my eyes and nose. I look like a gin-blossomed alcoholic. I felt like shit most of Sunday night, didn’t get much sleep. Monday I felt better, but I felt like I had been run over by a freight train. I am never eating mussels again. Irrational, yes, but sensible! It was as miserable an experience as I’ve ever had.

Enough of that. No one wants to hear about puking.

The situation with the models and the broken bike worked itself out. The owner of the tattoo shop that sponsors the girls paid it no problemo. I’m so relieved. Lindsay and another girl came in today and dropped off a check and cookies for everyone to say thank you. I’m so glad it ended without a big mess.

I mentioned how I had been feeling old lately a couple of days ago. Sunday morning I’m watching CNN or some other news channel and I see a story on “Alterna-Dads” Someone reads my blog. No, but really, it was about fathers these days, celebs like Brad Pitt, Jesse James, rock stars, etc, and average joes who don’t want to end the lifestyle they have been living because they have kids. By lifestyle I don’t mean drugs and partying and all that crap, I mean maintaining a sense of one’s identity beyond just being a dad. Still dressing cool, having tattoos or different hair. Having non-traditional jobs.
I have to tell you, the story boosted my outlook on life immensely. It’s good to know that others don’t want to lose who they are just because they are dads. I mean, I’m always a dad first, but I’m also me. Dusio. Freak, geek, motorcycle enthusiast, dork. Why should that change? Of course my older kids think I’m a giant goober. But I know my dad was no where near as cool as me. He didn’t like bikes, or music or pop culture. He wore a suit all day and read spreadsheets all night. He golfed. I’m way cooler than that. If I do say so myself. And the S.O. is cool. She likes new music and fashion. She talks openly with the kids about the world, life and stuff. My kids are open minded about race, homosexuality and people in general. Hell, my fifteen year olds favorite show is Will & Grace. My four year old has a biker jacket. Yeah, I think it’s my responsibility in life to show them that sure, you have to do the right things in life, but you can be yourself and do it your way. People are different and that is good.

Anyways. Enough lecturing.
Peace.

Labels: , , ,

posted by dusio @ 1/30/2007 05:12:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!