
I know, I'm a day late. I apologize. I had a migraine yesterday that put me out of action for most of the day.
So, in looking for people who have good deeds to post here, I have found a frightening trend. Most of them end up hurt or worse. Many are stabbed, shot, hit by cars. The one I have included today, Nikki Blanton, was struck by a car. She and her fiance pulled a man out of a wrecked car about a year ago. I hope this isn't a detriment to others doing good deeds. I'd like to include smaller good deeds, but they don't seem to get the press. Hell, I have a hard time finding the big ones. Now that I think about it, perhaps the press only covers these stories when the good samaritan gets injured for his trouble. It would fit with the psyche of our "if it bleeds it leads" mentality.
I hope not, though.
So, read about a great lady who paid the ultimate price for doing the right thing.
Labels: Good Deed Monday |