Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Nothing left to say.

I'm not going to preach or get all deep today. I was affected as much as anyone on that day. Not as much as someone who lost someone, but as much as the average american.

I remember exactly where I was, dropping my girls off at elementary school. I heard it on the radio and drove home to watch. It was only a month or so after I separated from my second wife. I watched, transfixed and mortified, as the first tower fell, then the second. I remember thinking as they crumbled, "People are dying right there in this instant." I was as angry as anyone, ready for revenge. I even stood behind our president for a short while. Afghanistan was a necessary step we had to take. I think that country will one day be a whole, productive country.

But I'm more convinced now that military action is not going to solve these issues. American muscle, military or economic, isn't going to change the minds of people who hate us. This world is so unjust anymore. I can understand those who are down trodden, dirt poor, slandered for who they worship hating America. We are a rich, powerful nation. Our people throw away more food than they consume. We ignore more liberties than we utilize. Then, we impose our culture on the world, shallow and tepid as it is.

No, I don't believe a man with a gun will solve this issue. I feel for every man and woman in uniform. For their families. I was in Cleveland a few years ago when they lost like 15 members from one base. It was heartbreaking to see children, parents, siblings and strangers weeping for the lost. I support those people with every ounce of my being. I don't support the cause, though.

It's time to give peace a chance. Of course we should defend ourselves, but but not in an offensive manner. Maybe Iraq needs a civil war. We did. We still haven't all figured out how to live together. But I'm damn sure we wouldn't want any other country here forcing us to live together.

So pray for the lost and the remaining. Or do whatever you do to remember them. And to quote Mr. Lennon, "All we are saying, is give peace a chance."

Peace out, y'all.

posted by dusio @ 9/11/2006 05:43:00 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger calamity said…

    nicely put.
    9/11 2001
    i was 16 then and it didn´t affect me that much ofcourse i was sad for al of those who died but i didn´t point fingers.
    on that exact day me and my boyfriend got together, si i guess frommy perspective it wasn´t that bad.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Jasmine's Journey said…

    That was a terrible day. I still have a hard time believing that they were "surprised" by the attack. I think there is alot of corruption on this one. I am also very sad for all the families.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!