Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Friday, September 01, 2006
Yeah, It’s Friday.


I am already having a shitty day. The S.O. and I are at each others throats. I’ll get into that in a minute.
First, I want to wax political for a minute. Well, maybe it’s societal, I’m not sure.

I’m listening to NPR yesterday, “Fresh Air”, to be specific. I love that show. Smart, great interviews, Teri Gross, the host, is awesome. I get the majority of my news from NPR, I feel like it’s the only source that doesn’t have an agenda, sensationalize, or sugar coat the news. Plus, their stories are much more in depth than most broadcast news.
So anyways, on “Fresh Air”, Ms. Gross is interviewing the Dixie Chicks. Let me start by saying I’ve liked the Dixie Chicks since their first album. I like country music, I like bluegrass, I like chicks. No, they are seriously talented ladies, they just happen to be hot. I like the way they try different sounds and styles and are incredibly talented musicians.
They are discussing the flap that went on after the lead singer, Natalie Maines, made a comment about how she was embarrassed to be from the same state as George Bush. To most people, an innocuous political comment. She said it the day before Bush’s ‘deadline” for compliance with Saddam Hussein. The war was getting ready to start. Now most people either agree or disagree and that’s that. Not with the Dixie Chicks. I suppose because they were considered ‘country’ artists that the people that listen to them are country fans. I don’t want to generalize, but how can you not. They were banned from some stations. They received death threats. People had CD burning parties. Country radio won’t touch their music anymore. Is this what America is all about? Why is it Bono and John Mellencamp and other performers come out against Bush and nothing happens? I think these people need to rethink their definition of what it is to be American and to be patriotic. If you choose not to listen to the Dixie Chicks because you don’t agree with what she said, fine. That’s your right. But she has the right to say it. They don’t deserve to be threatened or banned or ostracized because of it. Listening to them talk, you could hear the hurt in their voices when they talked about the whole ordeal. I think they felt abandoned by some people. But I know there are plenty of people who support them still. Maybe their genre of music will have to change, but they are still talented performers. I hope they become more successful in spite of it.

Now, about the S.O. and I. I’m starting to believe it’s pointless for us to try anymore. We are so jaded towards each other that we don’t give each other the benefit of the doubt. She thinks I do things just to spite her and I think she does and says things regardless of my feelings. She bitches that I am not intimate with her, not loving or caring. My point is I don’t have those feelings for a reason. I can’t turn on and off my feelings. She hurts my feelings. I don’t want to make her out to be a huge bitch; there is no point in it. I’m not perfect, I know that. I can be thoughtless and distant. I don’t claim any high ground. I just think we don’t have any shot anymore.
Most people would separate at this point, but financially, that’s not in the picture right now. We have a hard enough time as it is supporting three kids without having to maintain two residences.
I guess my only plan is to hang on until next year when I get my tax return and discuss moving out then. We will have to work out a plan for the kids and work and all, but I won’t let it turn out like it did before. I will be there and I will provide more than financial support. Hell, I’d prefer the kids live with me. We’ll see.
So, here I sit. Heart-heavy and weary. Ground down by life and its trials. It’s just so frustrating. I wonder where my happiness lies.

This song by the Dixie Chicks sums up my feelings about the S.O. right now.

"Not Ready To Make Nice"
Forgive, sounds good
Forget, I’m not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I’m still waiting
I’m through with doubt
There’s nothing left for me to figure out
I’ve paid a price
And I’ll keep paying
I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should
I know you said
Can’t you just get over it
It turned my whole world around
And I kind of like it
I made my bed and I sleep like a baby
With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over
I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should
I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should
Forgive, sounds good
Forget, I’m not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I’m still waiting
posted by dusio @ 9/01/2006 09:14:00 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger deedledee said…

    It must be the weather. I'm in shit mood myself. Sending you some good vibes that you get this situation squared away. Two people who are apparently not happy with each other, yet living under the same roof is not healthy. Hang in there. Life's freaky - this too shall pass. :)

    PS: I'm drinking tonight. I'll have one or five for ya!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger dusio said…

    I appreciate the kind words and thoughts. I'll take the five drinks, thank you. I think tomorrow night is my night to drown my sorrows.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger deedledee said…

    If you get super bored, dus swing by my forum www.sarcasticnation.com. We post boobies there (not necessarily our own, but Aretha Franklin got a dirty pillows mention LOL)

    Five drinks coming right up. That's about what is required for drunk dialing! w00t!!

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jasmine's Journey said…

    Lady Red Light lives in AWE of those dirty pillows! Dusio have you two tried counseling?

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger dusio said…

    We did try counseling years ago. She seemed to think the counselor was biased towards me. The lady was a huge lesbian and i thought she hated me, but anytime she would bring up something the S.O. did that was unfair, the S.O. thougth she was taking my side.
    I just need to get out I think.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!