|
| Sunday, August 20, 2006 |
| When will this weekend end? |

It has truly been a crappy weekend. I've been in a foul mood. The S.O. and I have been at each other's throats. The kids have been trying my every last nerve. I've had a headache on and off since Thursday. Will it please end? I'd just like to go to bed.
Thank you Ms. Biel for having that lovely posterior, it eases my mind.
At least the weather has been decent. Yesterday started off rainy but it got nicer and today was very pleasant. The temperature has returned to a more comfortable level.
I hesitate to comment on this story, but the Jon Benet Ramsey thing has been pounded down my throat all weekend. I don't know what to believe anymore. I will admit, for the longest time I thought someone in the family must have done it. And that still may be. This guy they have arrested needs to be in jail just for looking so damn creepy. The fact that he was in Bangkok, the kiddie sex trade capital of the world, does help any. What the family should have been punished for was dressing the little girl up like a trollop and parading her all over. In todays world those children's beauty pageants are a pedophiles dream. Why not just put a sign on each one of them screaming, "Molest me!" The depravity of some people knows no bounds.
I want to thank everyone who had kind words about my tomatoes. I take pride in it. I love growing things. I like to look out on my garden and see how it has flourished. It gives me peace. It also reiterates to me how the world works. Out of some ugly dirt and a little seed beautiful plants can grow and offer nourishment. Nature makes so much more sense than humanity. There is a reason for everything in the natural world. Even death. If something is killed, it's for food or because it was sick. Things grow, then die, then grow again. There isn't a question about why things occur.
I also wanted to thank anyone who read the first pages of my book. I know it's a bit of a downer, I realize. That's actually my planned first chapter. It will lighten up after that. I plan on doing background on what happened previously in life, up to the 'episode' and then move on after it. It's a long way from finished and I don't know how interested anyone might be in that type of story, but I want to write it. If I ever do finish it and decide to write another book, I'm going sci-fi or fantasy. I have some ideas that I'd like to put on paper.
Anyone watch 'lost'? I love that show. Evangeline Lilly is too hot. And smart, too. I used to have the biggest crush on Julianna Margulies
I'm sad about Bruno Kirby dying. I liked him. 'When Harry Met Sally' is one of my all time favorite movies.
Anyone read any good books recently? I need something good to read.
I've been on a crossword puzzle kick. I do like 3 a day anymore.
I'm entirely sick of Lindsay Lohan, even though she has great boobs.
I heard on NPR friday morning the the IRS going to start taxing those ridiculous gift baskets they give to celebrities at award shows. It's about fucking time. Explain to me why a rich person needs a bunch of expensive gifts? I realized there's advertising and marketing bullshit reasons, but come on. After the IRS announced this, the people who do the Oscars settled with the IRS for past gifts and now says they won't be giving out anymore. Makes sense, they wouldn't want to have to force stars to pay any more taxes. Could this world be more unfair?
Did anyone like my New Orleans stories? I bring it up because I talked to the guy I went with, Trent, just recently. I have seen or heard from him in a while. He's a good guy. He recently got married, she had kids, so now he's playing dad. I need to have a beer with him and talk about the old days. That's what sad old dads do. Trent was party to one of my worst drinking episodes ever. He and I had went to a friends college graduation. Her parents were loaded so there was booze and food galore. Somewhere during the night, I just started getting bottles of wine to drink. Nothing expensive, white zin, I believe. But they were those magnum sized bottles. I believe I drank three of them. Completely. Apparently at one point in the evening I was sitting outside in a chair, cuddling with my bottle of wine, chanting 'smoothy', over and over as I caressed the bottle. Trent asked what 'smoothy' was and I replied that it was the name of the bottle, I named it 'smoothy.' Well, Trent drove me home in my car and I some how made it up to my apartment. I awoke the next day on my couch. I was sitting up, with my coat still on. I got up slowly, head banging like a drum, to go to bed. It was then I noticed my door was wide open, my keys still in the lock. Fabulous. Luckily, it was a good neighborhood. So I take off my coat and toss it on the ground. I notice something sticking out of my inside pocket. It's a shiny dress. Yes, a dress. Kind of gold, silvery, thin and stretchy. I looked around wondering if whoever the dress belonged to was there. No one. So I collapsed in bed. I woke up around 3 in the afternoon. Still miserable, but better than before. I had no aspirin and no food, so I needed to head to the store. After wandering around the apartment parking lot for 10 minutes, I finally found my car. I sit down and look over at the passenger seat. In the passenger seat is an empty bottle of white zinfandel, buckled into the seat. I haven't a clue. So I go to the store, come back and call Trent to find out what happened. Apparently, after the graduation party, I wanted to go to a strip club. Trent just wanted to go home, but I was being obnoxious and he gave in. As we got into the car from the party, I apparently buckled the empty bottle of wine, 'smoothy' into the front seat. I sat in the back. Trent said he tried to say something but I kept saying I wanted smoothy to be safe. So we go to the club, a place where Trent knows the bartender. He said he wouldn't let me drink anymore, but I was all over some girl. The place is pretty lax, fortunately or I would have ended up in an alley somewhere. So when the girl I am with goes up to dance, Trent grabs me and hauls me to the car to go home. He didn't see me put the dress in my coat. Hell, I don't remember doing it. That dress hung on the wall in the back room of the store we worked at for 2 years. Underneath it was smoothy. After I left the place, it still stayed there as a warning to others. Someone eventually took them home. I need to get those things, that's a momento from my crazy days. Anyways. |
posted by dusio @ 8/20/2006 06:55:00 PM   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Smoothy LMAO!! That's great!!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |
Smoothy LMAO!! That's great!!