
The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest worth is self-mastery.
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
The greatest precept is continual awareness.
The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
The greatest patience is humility.
The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.
Atisha If you read my last post, check out the comments. I received my first nasty comment. I guess I should be happy after over 250+ posts, I've only received one nasty, negative one. At first, I was hurt. Pissed. I thought about not posting it. But why not? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to deny publishing this persons' would make me a hypocrite. So, I posted it. Here it is: At 6:15 PM, Anonymous said… No-one really wants to know about your boring little life.The problem with your pathetic blogging efforts is that they are scattered, not thought out and plain boring.Stick to watching porn instead of promoting the fact you are a sad wanker. Let me take it sentence by sentence. 1. No one wants to know about my boring little life. - Perhaps this is true. Perhaps this is why I only get a few hits a day. I knew that. I constantly discuss how boring my life is. So, here, Anonymous is correct. 2. The problem with my pathetic blogging efforts is that they are scattered, not thought out and plain boring. - I think he's made the boring point, but let's move one. Scattered and not thought out. Well, that is true. My mind tends to be scattered. I write and post as I think about thinks. This isn't a novel or a dissertation. I assure I would put thought into it if it were. But I write this for me, as an outlet, not as a commercial endeavour. So, he's half right. 3. Stick to watching porn instead of promoting the fact that I am a sad wanker. - I've never been called a wanker before. This leads me to believe the person is british, wants to be british, or thinks using words like 'wanker' are cool. Regardless. I never intended to give up watching porn. I don't promote the fact that I am sad, I only blog. So, I don't think he was right much on this one. What strikes me is that he or she was so hostile. Perhaps this person should wonder why they feel the need to stop onto a blog, post nastiness anonymously and leave. If you don't like something, just leave. But, as I said, they are entitled to their opinion. So, having survived my first criticism, I move on. I'm aiming for peace and stability in my life and worrying about little things like that are counterproductive. You might say I've wasted too much time on it by even writing this post, but it allowed me to share my opinion. Now, I'm done. Peace. Labels: Zen Day |
Screw em!
I like hearing from you. Nobody forces anybody to read.
Oh, and does it still count the hits when people switch over to RSS feed?