|
| Monday, October 30, 2006 |
| Here we go again. |
Another Monday comes. I still prefer to refer to it as “Mundane” as opposed to Monday. Just seems to fit better.
So this weekend was fairly uninteresting.
Friday I did go to a Halloween Party at the motorcycle shop. It was ok. Nothing dreadfully exciting. I didn’t even get drunk. The music was good. The turnout was no where near what I expected. I thought there would be a lot more people. They didn’t do a very good job of advertising. The events girl gets hamstrung by the management budget-wise. A couple of Dolls of Evolved did show up. Dollface and another girl. They didn’t stay very long; I think that was a direct result of the relative lameness of the party. I left around midnight. I don’t think it got much more interesting after that. Heck, I don’t think anybody even hooked up. There were a few ladies in sexy outfits, that’s always nice. Then again, there were a few ladies who shouldn’t have been wearing skimpy outfits that did, and that is not so nice.
Saturday I worked half the day, went to an awards banquet for one of my girls for tennis in the afternoon. Yee haw. Did nothing Saturday but lie around.
Sunday, let’s see. Well, went to the store, had lunch, went home. Cleaned the patio, did laundry, blah, blah, blah. That was about it. My heart can barely handle the excitement of my life.
I sit here every Monday and say the same things. Perhaps it’s time to make some sort of change. I guess I need to decide whether this week in and week out of work, home, work is really what I want out of life. Is that all there is? I know millions of people do the same thing. And I suppose many are happy at it. But to me, it seems so mundane. I don’t know what type of existence I would find interesting, but there has to be more in life. I mean, you spend so much time at work in life, should it be somewhat fulfilling? I suppose I should just be happy I have a job. After being laid off last summer, you’d think I’d just be happy to be gainfully employed. But that is my mantra, never happy enough. My perfect job? I guess it would involve writing, traveling, meeting new people. When I was in high school I wanted to be a journalist. I think I would have been pretty decent at that. I’m naturally nosy, and the weird hours fit my personality. That’s part of the reason I always like retail. The hours change, you always meet new people and day to day it tends to be different. I probably would have stayed in retail, but the money tends to suck and I didn’t want to be forty and wearing a name tag.
So what about you people? Do you enjoy your jobs? Do you get satisfaction out of your employment?
It seems so much of who we are is defined by our vocation. Seriously, when you meet someone, one of the first questions you ask or get asked is “What do you do?” It fills a need to be productive and feel needed. It gives satisfaction of doing a good job. There’s camaraderie and team work. It boosts the ego. But what do you do when your job doesn’t do most of those things? I know, find something else. It’s never that easy. I also feel like I’m limiting my kids’ lives by not being more driven, more career oriented. They deserve more than I can give them most of the time. I live paycheck to paycheck and that doesn’t translate well when you have children.
I’m really starting to bum myself out. Happy Monday.
Labels: Dolls of Evolved, Halloween, life, Monday, Work |
posted by dusio @ 10/30/2006 09:34:00 AM   |
|
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |