Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Wed-ZEN-day

If you cannot find the truth right where you are where else do you expect to find it?
Dogen Zenji

I wish I had a clue where my truth could be found. I guess that is the point.

It’s been a busy couple of days. Work is a little hectic. Stuff at home. I had to take my daughter to the Nick Lachey concert last night. I, thankfully, didn’t have to sit through it, she went with a friend. She loves old Nick. I guess it’s better than her liking some death metal group or something.
Things at home have been quiet the past few days, I can’t complain. The S.O. and I have been getting along, which is frightening at times. No, it’s good. I think with everything going on, we don’t have time to argue. She still isn’t going to go to the Halloween Party on Friday with me, but oh well. Guess I’ll have to get loaded on my own and make her pick me up. I really would like her to come. I can’t get too loaded, I have to work the next day. So, I’ll just get somewhat drunk and check out the scantily clad ladies. Hubba hubba.

The S.O.’s grandmother died the other night. She’d been sick for years and I guess it was kind of a relief for most of her family. She lived in Central Pennsylvania, so the S.O. isn’t going. I know she feels a little bad about not going, and I told her we’d figure out something, but she didn’t think we could be able to with the kids and three jobs between us. I still think we could have figured something out.
I didn’t take it as well when my grandfather passed away. He’d been sick with Parkinson’s for about twelve years and was in really bad shape, but it still was hard. My grandfather was a great guy. He taught me how to fish and fix stuff and gave me those little life lessons only a grandfather can. I can remember being around 4 or 5 and him teaching me to dry between my toes after a bath so I didn’t get “toe jam”. He was one of those men everyone respected. My grandparents were married for over 60 years. They were two peas in a pod. My grandmother, who is still alive, is the typical feisty Italian grandmother. She’ll cook, clean and take care of you, but don’t cross her. She’s 89 now and still get’s around pretty damn well on two replacement hips. My grandparents taught me about how family should be. I always knew I had someone to turn to in need. I just don’t see people like them much anymore. I go to her house now and I feel the void of my grandfather not being there. I look at all the things he fixed around the house. He had a million tools. He’d make his own when he needed one. He was an auto body repairman. He was terrific with his hands. And those hands were incredible strong. I go into his tool room now, just to smell it and remember the things we did together. I miss him.


My grandparents were staunch democrats, too. Nice segue, huh? No really. My grandmother tells me of FDR and Kennedy and how they were the greatest. How the republicans do nothing for the poor and only help the rich. Somewhere along the line, my father, who was a big Kennedy kind of guy, turned into a republican. I think it came along with him making a lot of money. Now he just wants to hoard it and the republicans can help him with that. It infuriates my grandmother. She doesn’t understand it. Nor do I. Other than he’s always been cheap and I guess money is where he bases his decision.
Going along with politics and I had mentioned Parkinson’s. Did anyone see what asshole Rush Limbaugh said about Michael J. Fox? He accused him of faking his illness for political means. Fox has been going around supporting candidates who support stem cell research, i.e. democrats. Well, Rush, claims that Fox either faked or didn’t take medicine or somehow acted like his illness was worse for the sake of political ads. It’s infuriating how fucking pompous and demeaning that lying fat bastard can be. It’s not enough he distorts the truth everyday on his ‘show’. It’s not enough he is a hypocrite about his own drug problem. No, he has to demean a man who is dying of a disease in order to further the republican cause. This is how heartless and sick these people can be. It’s unconscionable. Listen to the clip HERE and be sickened. This man needs to be removed from the air.

Piss off Rush, vote Democratic.

Labels: , ,

posted by dusio @ 10/25/2006 01:52:00 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger deedledee said…

    Oh, there are some new banners for you on LTFR.com.

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rush sounds like a jackass! That is sad about your grandpa. I can see Joey and I being like that. Even though it feels like I met him later in life, I am only 31 and we have a lifetime to spend together. Family is the most important thing to me and I think too many people get carried away with the rat race, work, success, etc. Families get pushed to the side sometimes. :(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!