|
| Monday, October 23, 2006 |
| Another Monday. |
This weekend was no where near as interesting as last, but it was fine all the same.
I worked on Saturday, as usual. There were a high number of hotties in this weekend. Couldn’t tell you why, it was colder than hell, but the biker babes were out riding. One of them had a truly fine ass, also. Scrump-de-licous!! I mostly chilled with the kids Friday and Saturday when I wasn’t working. Sunday the S.O. and I went out on our own to do some shopping. It was nice not toting around kids for once. Went to the North Market and had my weekly fix of Phad Thai. I’m not sick of it, yet. It was spicier than usual, but still delicious. We had a good day together. I think we need to spend more time together alone. It’s hard, not even counting the kids. We work opposite schedules a lot. I do think we need to make an effort. I’m trying to get her to go to a big Halloween party with me at work on Friday, but she has to work. I think it would be fun for us. One of our first dates when we met oh those long 16 years ago was a Halloween party. We rented costumes, had a great time. I think we went home and had sex for like 8 hours straight. I was a horny thing back then. We used to have sex like five times a night. It would get to the point where I could barely finish. I think I faked it a few times just to get some rest. Young, horny love, where have you gone?
 Politically, things are getting ugly in the races. Here in Ohio, Ken “Neo-Nazi” Blackwell is throwing everything in the book at his opponent, hoping something will stick. So far, it’s bought him a double digit deficit in the polls. I think people are sick of the name calling and mud slinging and just want to vote for some change. Not-for-much-longer-Senator DeWine is reaching into the Karl Rove book of slander to try to find some way to beat Sherrod Brown. Again, it’s really causing him more of a problem than helping him. They just don’t get it. It’s not about the personal slams or the made up controversies. Republicans in Ohio live in the world’s biggest glass house. Throwing rocks is not recommended. But, they’ll continue, and hopefully people will see it for what it is. Desperate. Barring some Bush-made security issue or other contrived occurrence, the whole of the Congress could swing to the Democrats. What will Emperor Bush due with out his yes men? I know I push hard for Democrats and rally against republicans. I do this because my fundamental beliefs lie more in line with the Democratic system. But I do believe there are honorable, good republicans who want the best for our country. I can have an honest difference of opinion with someone and still respect them. As long as they are hones with their beliefs. I’m sure there are Democrats who do the same dishonest things republicans do. I’m not a fan of politicians in general. I have a hard time believing people get into it for altruistic reasons. It seems most have an agenda. And I think our media makes the situation worse. The desire to find every skeleton and secret makes the decent, good potential leaders only want to avoid politics. Who’d want to subject their family to that? The whole system needs redone from the election process to lobbying to ethics rules. Will it ever happen? Doubtful. They all have it too good and don’t want to upset the cart. I’m not sure how we can ever get to a truly honest representative type government. Those with the money will always rule.
Labels: democrats, Ohio, Phad Thai, politics, republicans, The S.O., voting |
posted by dusio @ 10/23/2006 02:17:00 PM   |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
I think you two should spend more time together as well. opposite schedules must suck!!
-
Thank you, Jasmine. You've been very supportive and helpful and I do appreciate your positive comments. We're taking it one day at a time.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |
I think you two should spend more time together as well. opposite schedules must suck!!