Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Friday, October 27, 2006
Long hair, stubble and a pastel shirt, that's all I need.

















You’ve done this, you know you have. Perhaps this applies more to men, mostly over 35 or so.




You’re driving in your car at night in the city.

“So you can wipe off the grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies”

You turn the radio up, feel the bass. You picture Sonny Crockett, cruising down a seaside boulevard in a black Italian sportscar. You press the accelerator down a little more in your minivan.

“And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh lord, oh lord”

The city lights roll by you. You’re cruising along, feeling the music.

“Well I remember, I remember dont worry
How could I ever forget,
its the first time, the last time we ever met”

The music is building, the lines in the road disappear into the front of your car. You turn the music up a little more, the bass vibrating in your chest. You’ve missed your exit, but you don’t care, your vice detective, patrolling the mean streets of Miami. The music builds further.

“But I know the reason why you keep your silence up, no you don't fool me
The hurt doesn't show; but the pain still grows
Its no stranger to you or me”

With the final word you pound on your steering wheel, accompanying the drum line with every beat.

And the song ends, and your just a 37 year old guy in a minivan who has to turn around and get home.

Oh, only me?

Labels: , ,

posted by dusio @ 10/27/2006 12:46:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger calamity said…

    oh you really got me in the mood of listening to music and driving but then at the end i can't say i agree to be a 37 year old guy
    :P
    nice

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!