Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Saturday, August 26, 2006
S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y. Anyone remember that disco song?

Oh my what a long day. I had to be at the motorcycle shop at 9am and I didn't get home until almost 9pm. It was a long day. It was busier than hell. There were quite a few hotties in today, so that made it that much better but I'm exhausted.
I stuck around a little after while after work and had a beer at the bar that is in the shop. It was the boss's 50th birthday and they had a party. I don't know anyone there terribly well, but I'm friendly enough with most of them to have a drink. I ended up at one point having a drink with a lady I work with and a guy from the parts department and his wife. The guy is a really good guy. I didn't really fit in that well at first when I started there, but he always made me feel comfortable. He's probably in his 50's, has one of those really long mustaches like the dad on "American Chopper". He really looks the biker part. He has a voice like road gravel. He's just a nice guy. The lady I work with is a recovering alcoholic. She's nice. They got into a discussion about religion. I'm not a religious person, we've been over this. Instantly I got uncomfortable. I was just going to get up and leave. I stuck around for a minute, though. He started talking about how his life is better now thanks to Jesus and all that stuff. But unlike so many preachers and all that, he was genuine. He has told me how his life had been in the past. He'd done some crazy shit. He'd had people die on him, been in prison, drank like crazy, did drugs. He was a serious biker. But now, he's just a kind, friendly person. He honestly believes in the bible and Jesus. He was talking about not judging others and putting your past behind you. How the bible says that all people are saints in their own right. That you can't change the past, only the future and the present. This is all shit I've heard before. But to here it from someone who has lived it. Who has no vested interest in you believing it; it seemed so genuine. I had to get up and leave because it struck home. It made me feel so phony. He seems to think I'm this great guy who works two jobs, takes care of his family and lives a good life. I feel so far from that. I went to the bar and sat for a while by myself. He was going home and he came to the bar, shook my hand, gave me a hug and said, "Good night, brother, bless you. I love you." It sounds so corny, but it was so real. He really meant it in his way. I sat there thinking how much I respect this man. This old biker who works in the parts department. I mean, throw out the words god, bible and Jesus, and everything he said is still valid and meaningful. I felt like he was my spiritual guru. If I could lead a life like his. To be happy in who you are, to live life in the moment. To be a good person because you want to be. What's that like? I just wanted to go home and hug my kids.
posted by dusio @ 8/26/2006 08:28:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Scott from Oregon said…

    HEY DUDE. ARE YOU GIVING THOSE BITCHES A HARD TIME?

    (I'm writing in caps to let you know that I am serious.)

    What's with the tats, man? Why would anyone want to ruin a beautiful woman with a tat?

    Scott--

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger deedledee said…

    This comment will certainly draw critics from the religious side, but over the years my "faith" and even belief in God has seriously waned to the point that I believe that there is a higher power, but it's not God. I question whether the Christians will send the Buddhists and Hindus to hell for not believing in Jesus.

    Anyhow, I think it's awesome that your coworker is able to have so much faith. That's what religion is -- faith because no one knows for sure if all the things written were true. It's what makes him feel at ease and gives him purpose...so that's a good thing.

    As for you...how do you know that your life right now isn't just as good? Maybe you are like a lot of us - not satisified with second best, but sometimes willing to turn a blind eye that we have.

    Hang in there, friend. :)

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger dusio said…

    I'm not sure which bitches you are referring to, scott. As for a lady with tatts, I think it only enhances her beauty.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!