|
| Friday, October 03, 2008 |
| Fridays. And not the crappy chain restaurant. |
 What's up, peeps? Just chillin'.
That's my attempt at being cool.
FAILED!
I missed most of last night's big debate. I knew that the republi-nazis would have Alaska Barbie at least presentable, and she was that. She gave her pat, no specifics, generally off topic, answers. The thing that really bugs me about her is her attempt to play to "joe six-pack" with her folksy bullshit she spews. You know, the "doggone it" and the "geez" crap. Come on, what adult speaks like that? I personally think the republican party is insulting all women by presenting her as something they should look up to. And they are the sexists. Insinuating that we should all be nicer to her because she's a woman. What-the-fuck-ever. No one is nice to Hillary Clinton for that reason. Why? Because she is a strong, capable, smart person who happens to be female. Be insulted ladies, republicans think you should be pretty, pop out five kids and say what they want you to say. I only ask you be a little freaky in bed. But that's just me.
 Life in general for me has been pretty mundane. New things happening? hmm.. Well, we got a new refrigerator, that's pretty f-ing exciting. I'm enrolled in school for the winter quarter. My job gives me enough leeway to work around classes, I'm fairly excited about this. Honestly, life is fairly good. The S.O. and I are getting along. She likes her job and is doing pretty damn well there. My job, though not intellectually fulfilling, is enjoyable, and as I said, I can go to school, too. We have pulled ourselves back up. Everyone is insured gainfully employed. The kids are good, save a few teenage dramas. They warned me about teenage girls, well, they were right. I never understood teenage girls when I was that age, I don't have any insights now, either. My six year old is a happy first grader. We went to a skating party the other night, it was fun. I haven't skated on four-wheeled skates since I was a kid. I got to relearn while teaching her. Needless to say, my arms were aching the next day from pulling us both up.
Like I said, life is pretty okay these days. I have a plan for my life, we are getting by and can actually enjoy the little things in life. I'm through letting pettiness and stupidity of my own, or others, get me down. People can try to drag us down, but that's their issue. We're just going with the flow.
I'm feeling hippie-mellow tonight, I suppose.
I got this picture off the DrunkenStepfather forums.
McCain's target audience:
 Now that's funny.
Peace!Labels: John McCain, life, politics, sarah palin, Work |
posted by dusio @ 10/03/2008 07:28:00 PM   |
|
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |