Bitching with Dusio
The rantings, ravings and musings of a now mid-forties american male. Sex, violence, rock-n-roll. Also, emotions and all that other mushy crap.
Monday, August 25, 2008
An on and on.

I miss that show. I can't fucking wait for it to start up again.

Generation Kill ended last night. That was a great series. I think everyone should watch it. Gives you a new perspective of what happened in Iraq, and what still goes on. Brilliant series.

I gotta tell you, I'm frustrated with the world these days. Not because of my own trials and tribulations, but because of the general state it's in.
It just seems like everything is heading down hill. Starting with this country. The economy sucks, we have no moral standing in the world thanks to Bush the Lesser, the country is run by people interested in pleasing corporations, etc., etc. Our education system blows. It's funded in the most horrendous of ways. In turn, people are getting dumber and dumber. This friggin' internet doesn't help. People used to read, now they 'browse'. The media doesn't help. Watch the news, it caters to the lowest common denominator. It's all about drama. Scandal, death, pain, that's what they feed the masses. The 24 hour news channels only make it worse. They take a story and beat it to death. Someone should shoot Nancy Grace. If I see one more story about a missing white girl..... Look, great, it gets publicity for the case. But unless she's going to publicize all missing kids, black, latino, asian, not just the cute white ones, she needs to stop. Plus, the bitch thinks she is judge, jury and executioner. Can you tell she pisses me off?

What's sad about news these days is that a large chunk of our younger generations prefers to get its news from Jon Stewart and the Daily Show. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, it's hilarious. But that's the problem, it's comedy. It's commentary. It's not news. Hell, I like his liberal slant but even I think news needs to be impartial. But I guess if morons get their news from Fox, then let Stewart inform the college kids.

As for younger kids, hell, I don't know. I know my kids know little about world news. I try to talk about stuff occasionally, but they don't want to. They say they like Obama, but I think that's his cult of personality. I wasn't a news junkie when I was in high school, but honestly, I read the paper and watched the nightly news. I don't see how in today's environment of constant entertainment and instant gratification, younger people can get interested in world events. I mean, you can pull up all your needs on the internet. Who needs news? Just us boring old people.

You know, I can respect all positions in the world; as long as someone has their facts and is informed. I don't see people doing that anymore. They take their sides based on bullet points and emotions. I get emotional about stuff. I hear things that piss me off or get me excited. Thing is, you need to temper that with some facts. I'll google stuff and see if it's the whole story. Generally, my first thought is right for me, but sometimes you find out a back story that can change your mind. If you bother to look.

The U.S. seems to be the worst when it comes to this dumbing down. I think it's the obsession with celebrity that really makes us look like fools. I know it goes on internationally also, but only in the U.S. does it seem to affect things besides entertainment news. I mean we spend so much time worrying what actors and rock stars are doing it's ridiculous. I don't care who is fucking who and who snorted what. That world isn't real. Those people have little clue what life is really like. Most people don't work only a few months a year and clear a couple of million. Let them all drink and fuck themselves to death. Sure, it's sad, but oh well.
I know I've paid my fair share of attention to the tabloid bullshit in the past. But if you've noticed, I've moved past it. I look at that stuff now like drinking. It's fun to do occasionally, but get too into it and you are headed nowhere. I like looking at hot women and listening to good music and seeing a great movie. But it's entertainment. That's all. If lindsay lohan goes gay, I still have to pay my bills. It doesn't affect me. I wouldn't mind watching her experiment, but.........

What's all this ranting about? I don't know. Like I said, I've been irritated with the world and I wanted to release a little tension.

I'm sure there will be more later.

Peace.
D

Labels: , , , ,

posted by dusio @ 8/25/2008 10:19:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends


sdc.com

More Crap!


Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

Swingers Personals




sdc.com








Google
Who links to me?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
12
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

blog search directory Locations of visitors to this page
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!