|
| Thursday, March 20, 2008 |
| It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long......... |
It has, hasn't it?
I've sat down to post blogs a couple of times over the weeks, but just haven't been inspired enough to finish them.
So what's new with me? Well, there's......
and.........
I suppose you could say..........
Actually, nothing. Really, not much at all.
I'm still not working. I have finished my CDL. Wee whoo! I've met with a couple of companies. Went to Dayton for one, Youngstown another. What did I learn? I'm certainly not the type of person that usually becomes a truck driver. The Dayton experience was horrific. They brought me out there, put me up in a Motel 6 for an orientation. To say I didn't fit in is an understatement of massive proportions. I sat through a bunch of company crap the first day. That night we went to dinner. No one hardly said dick to me. There were about 15 other people in the group. They were either rednecks or white trash or a combination of both. I'm not being snooty or mean, these people were at best uneducated morons, at worst downright fucking idiots. They asked me late that night if I wanted to go to Hooters for a couple of beers. Ordinarily, I wouldn't turn down boobs, beer and wings, but I had driven that day and was tired with a headache. So I said, no thanks, and went to bed. A few minutes later I hear them talking outside my room, and by them I mean the company representative and some of the group. I hear one of the group say, "did you ask John if he wanted to come?" Then I hear the company rep say, "Yeah, I asked him, he's a fucking pussy and wants to sleep. I swear, this company will hire anyone anymore." Yeah, welcome to the company. So I sat through the next day pissed off. I ruled them out. I don't want to work for a company where it's better to be a fucking moron redneck than your average joe on the street. Sorry, I graduated high school.
The Youngstown company is much better. Everyone was nice, normal, etc. It's the job I'm taking. What sucks is I'll be gone for two weeks on the road training. I hate leaving my family for that time. I guess we all have to deal.
A big part of me is starting to think driving is not going to be a great job for me. I don't think I'm entirely cut out for it. It's not cerebral enough for me. I need a bit of a challenge. Thing is, right now, I don't have a choice. It's a job, it's money and I need to take it. We'll see how it goes.
Other than that, life goes on. I'd like to tell you something interesting, but I don't have anything. I've started reading again. I've gone through about 6 books in the past two weeks. It started when I took my kids to the library. I found the newest Tim Sandlin book, "Jimi Hendrix Turns Eighty." I read that, it was great, as usual for Sandlin. Then I read a bunch of Christopher Moore books, also excellent. I read a Nick Hornby book, it was good. Something different I read was 'Heroin Dairies' by Nikki Sixx. It was fascinating, yet horrifying at the same time. The book is diary entries he wrote in 86 and 87 while he was seriously addicted to heroin. Here and there he adds his own, plus the commentary of others who were around him at the time. Some of the people include other members of Motley Crue, his managers, old friends like Slash, and his 'girlfriend' of the time, Vanity, who now goes by her real name, Denise Matthews. She's a freak, then and now. Then she was a drug addicted basket case who often broke into rants on God and Jesus. Now, she's a self described born again christian who breaks into rants on God and Jesus. It gets annoying. She can't talk about anything without bringing up God, Jesus, their love and light, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. She overcame the drug addiction only to be addicted to religion, like a lot of people. George W., for one. Anyways, the book was good. I have a new found respect for Sixx. He came through a lot of shit. He really lays the good and bad out there. His childhood, the nasty shit he did, how he fucked up, all of it. I have no idea how he wrote and performed music being as strung out as he was. I can't cross the street after a six pack. He talks of drinking half a bottle of Jack in the morning just to relax. Fuck. He doesn't romanticize or glamorize the life he lead then, he just puts it out there.
Wow, a blog about what I've been reading, I am damn exciting. I need to get out more. Peace. D.
Oh, Salma Hayek, "From Dusk til Dawn." I saw it last night and her dance in that movie may be the single hottest scene ever in a movie. She is amazing. Hubba hubba.Labels: CDL, Christopher Moore, Nick Hornby, Nikki Sixx, salma hayek, Tim Sandlin, Work |
posted by dusio @ 3/20/2008 10:22:00 AM   |
|
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
- Funny shit, a funnier response.
- Hotties, hotties, everywhere.
- Intermission.
- Well, excuse me, I think she's hot.
- I'm late to my own birthday.
- Tuesday. Day after Monday, day before the rest of...
- this is some funny shit.
- Thursday, a day for hotties.
- Friday, no porn stars, sorry.
- Thursday is for, I don't know, doing something.
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |