|
| Friday, October 12, 2007 |
| Friday. Don't worry there will be porn stars. |
I'm at work, I can't very well go searching the web for porn star pictures. I can sit here and blog, but that isn't pornographic, it's just me wasting time. It's not like I've got anything else to do.
I really hoping I get a call about my interview yesterday. I think I would really enjoy the job. I'm not going to go into what it is until I find out other way, I don't want to jinx it. I got a call about another job today, too. This one is a government job. The pay is great, but I'm sure it wouldn't be to exciting, but you never know. I need to go in now and take a test. It's scheduled for later this month. I actually wouldn't mind getting that job, either. Government jobs mean great benefits, good pay and good stability. I'm sure they come with a whole lot of other b.s., but I think it's a pretty good opportunity.
Enough about work.
It has finally started to cool down here in central Ohio. Up until earlier this week, it had been pushing 90 degrees. Actually, Monday, it was 92. Then Tuesday, 75, yesterday it dropped to 55 and today it's in the low 60's. Pretty exciting weather report, huh? This weird weather has screwed up the leaves turning and nothing looks right. We are damn near into November and the leaves are still bright green. I'm a fall kinda dude. I like the cold, the colors, the dreariness. I'm such a cheery person. I'd love to have one of those big fall bonfires with food and beer and people in sweaters. I love the smell of the fall. Dead leaves, burning wood, chill on the wind. Ah, how the mortal side of the wheel of life turns me on!
My work place is right across from a high school. I now work in the town where I grew up, but this high school is new, they added a second one about 10 years ago. It's friday night so there is a football game tonight. I'm travelling down memory lane here watching the band get together, the teams file in, kids mull around outside. This year is my 2oth reunion. Not that there is one planned. I got an email from the president of my class, he was my neighbor growing up, and he said the planning committee was worthless and wanted to know if I'd help him organize another one. I said sure, but I don't know that many people from school anymore. I wasn't the type to hang out with my high school friends once I graduated. There were a few, but even those I rarely hear from anymore. No big deal, I didn't have that many close friends back then. No, sitting here, listening to the band practice, feeling the chill in the air, it's a slap in my late thirties, starting to sag, line riddled face. I feel old. I know I'm not that old. But I miss my youth. I was in such a hurry to grow up, I never enjoyed it. I suppose I'm not the only one who feels that way. I guess when your adulthood has been a bit disappointing, childhood looks a lot better.
I need a beer. Anyone wanna join me?Labels: adulthood, childhood, life, Porn Star Friday |
posted by dusio @ 10/12/2007 04:19:00 PM   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Heya!
Government jobs are goooood to get. If you can keep them from sucking the soul out of you. That's not to be a pessimist - the time off, money, etc are fantastic.
And with one of those, if it's not your dream job (like you talked about below), well it gives you room to breathe and space/money to raise those kids.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| |
| About Me |
|

Name: dusio
Home: columbus, ohio, United States
About Me: Jaded, regretful, bitter and sarcastic. But a great guy!
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
| |
Heya!
Government jobs are goooood to get. If you can keep them from sucking the soul out of you. That's not to be a pessimist - the time off, money, etc are fantastic.
And with one of those, if it's not your dream job (like you talked about below), well it gives you room to breathe and space/money to raise those kids.