
Another day. I am a bit hangover today. Last night I met up with some people I worked with at my last job. One of the girls was leaving to move to Florida so they had a going away deal at a bar. The girl is the one I used to sleep with occasionally. I half thought we were going to hook up last night, but it didn't work out. Probably for the best. Although I would have like to tapped that ass one more time before she left. Oh well. I laid by the pool for a while today, sweating out what was left of the alcohol in my system. It actually kid of helped, especially the dip in the pool. Now I just feel exhausted. I'm a huge news freak. I read the news online, in the paper, magazines, wherever. I listen to NPR religiously. I watch CNN and MSNBC all the time. I crave the news. This thing with Israel and Hezbollah(sp?) is way out of hand. It may not be a popular opinion, but I think a lot of what goes on is Israel's fault. Not many people take a stand against Israel in the US. It seems when you do, you get labeled anti-semitic. I could give a shit less what religion the country is. I think they are wrong. This whole battle they have going on with the muslims is based on shit that happened thousands of years ago. GET OVER IT! Now, don't get me wrong, the terrorist bullshit the muslims pull is outrageous. You'll never convince me that killing innocent people is a ways to a mean. But this is a semblance of desperation. Israel has an awesome military, US support, and not even mentioning the Bomb. This latest bloodbath started over the kidnapping of one Israeli soldier. One. In return, Israel has bombed the hell out of everything they can find and have started destroying a sovereign nation, Lebanon. I don't see what gives them the right. If you cede that they are in a war with Hezbollah, then Hezbollah's taking of an Israeli soldier is part of that war. They didn't blow up a school. Not that they wouldn't, but they didn't this time. But Israel takes it upon its self to react with disproportionate force to try to prove a point. And what happens? More violence, more soldiers taken, more civilians die. It's just ridiculous. If they want to be safe they need to get out of Gaza, the West Bank and Palestine, including all their illegal settlements and stay in their own borders. Then, if someone attacks them, they have a right to retaliate. Until then, they are just swatting at flies with a bazooka. This whole thing only reaffirms my contention that religion is more dangerous than a weapon. How many freaking wars are based on religion? Damn near all of them!!! |
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»