 So starts another day. I'm off today, I have my youngest to spend the day with. My significant other is working a double shift. My two older kids are spending the week with my grandmother, so the house is relatively quiet. I can think of about a million things I need to get done to day, I only hope I can motivate myself enough to get at least a few things done. Probably the best thing would be to get off the damn computer. I figure I'll set a time this morning that I'll get off the computer and get to doing something of value. I thought I'd do some lists from time to time. Everyone loves lists.
So here is my list of guilty pleasures.
- Kelly Clarkson. I like her music, she's cute, yes, I'm a middle aged housewife deep inside.
- Cartoons. I watch tons of cartoons. Mostly because of the kids, but secretly I love cartoons. Especially Jimmy Neutron.
- Celebrity Gossip. I've been over this.
- Porn. Again, we've done this.
- Looking at hookers on the street. I don't have any intention of picking them up, it just fascinates me to look at them on the street.
- Ultram. It's a prescription painkiller and it makes you feel oh, so good. I have a refillable script for it because of migraines, but I try not to fill it because I tend to go on Ultram-benders.
- Pop Music. This goes along with the Kelly Clarkson thing, but I like to sing along to cheesy pop music. Go ahead, question my sexuality.
- Dancing. I love to dance. I don't do it much, ever, but when I was younger I really loved to dance. Sometimes I fantasize about going to a dance club and just letting go. I've been told I'm a decent dancer so get that white man's overbite image out of your head.
- Sleeping. I love to sleep. Nothing better than curling up in bed with cool sheets and knowing that all you have to do is lay there and fade off into dream land. I love days when I can sleep in.
- Spending money. I can go through money like a junkie. I love to buy things.
Maybe you can tell from these items that I'm a little bipolar. Actually, I am. I was diagnosed years ago and am on medication. I've got a much better handle on it these days. When I was younger, the ups and downs were far more dramatic, including suicide attempts, running away, sex and booze binges, etc, etc. Now I mostly just get periods of hyperactivity, some insomnia and occasional irrational acts with the manic phase. The depressive phase is mostly just hopelessness and constantly wanting to sleep. It was the bipolar that ended my second marriage. She couldn't handle it and I can't really blame her. I'll go over that more some other time. My first wife and current significant other, let's call her Ess, is much better at dealing with me. She recognizes my phases and can handle me better. She can also kick me in the ass when I need it, and sometimes I do need it. She doesn't put up with my shit but still recognizes the things that I can't control. For that, I love her and thank her tremendously. I don't always treat her the best, but she has her faults to and I deal with those. That's a relationship, I suppose. We have come to an unspoken agreement where we don't ask too much of each other but expect a certain level of commitment. |
I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»